Broken ECU Mounts

Guest Kevin H

Those antivibe mountings sem to be prone to seperation in whatever application they are used in. Two out of four were like that on the V10 ecu mount - simple job to fix with superglue.

BTW not sure if the V11Sport is the same in this respect but if it is, then the next time you have the tank off check the coil mounts - on the V10 the same antivibe rubbers are used to mount them as well and all were adrift.

GJ

Those coil mounts are visible from the front above the oil cooler and behind the subframe. There are three mounts. You can push on the coil bracket and see if it moves.

Those antivibe mountings sem to be prone to seperation in whatever application they are used in. Two out of four were like that on the V10 ecu mount - simple job to fix with superglue.

BTW not sure if the V11Sport is the same in this respect but if it is, then the next time you have the tank off check the coil mounts - on the V10 the same antivibe rubbers are used to mount them as well and all were adrift.

GJ

I replaced my coil mountings with some slightly larger "bobbins" that I had left over from when I worked on Renaults(20 yrs ago :unsure:) , if I remember correctly they are exhaust mountings for Renault 4 and 5's (the mk 1, with the engine and g/box in backwards :D) so should be much better than stock :mg:.

Don't know if they are still available in the UK as almost all the 4 and 5's here rusted away years ago but I would have thought they are still to be found in France :huh2: