TomTom using GuzziGuzzi in Ad

Guest SoCalDon

• 6 months later...

Check out Edge GPS and look in the rebuilt/refurbished section. They usually have good deals.

I bought a refurbished Garmin StreetPilot 2610 for $189 (with a free MapSource 2008 update coupon). I bought the Garmin motorcycle cradle and a RAM mount and it works just dandy.

B)

Check out Edge GPS and look in the rebuilt/refurbished section. They usually have good deals.

I bought a refurbished Garmin StreetPilot 2610 for $189 (with a free MapSource 2008 update coupon). I bought the Garmin motorcycle cradle and a RAM mount and it works just dandy.

B)

+1 on a Garmin. I use a 2610 as well. Gadget guy has nice mounts. http://www.gadgetguy.net

They can be adapted to just about anything.

Also have Garmin looked around for a mount for the bike I thought the price was a to high for how much I would use it. Is there some body who sell the mounts at a good price. Or is the gps doomed to stay in the truck to find customers adress to pick up there cars so i dont have spend 20 mins on sh-ty directions

Curious problem. I went out to the garage this morning and the screen on the Garmin was all wrinkled. The bike has been sitting for a few weeks. The screen looks like it had a protective coating that was damaged somehow. The thin layer flaked off with my finger and the screen is completely readable but has a glossier finish now. It appears it will scratch very easily.

Seems like it was attacked by a strong chemical. I haven't even washed the bike lately. The only thing I can think of is I was spraying some insecticide in the corners of the garage about a week ago. Nowhere near the bike but the fumes were definitely in the air. :huh2:

This sort of thing ever happen to anybody? I've had this GPS for 3 or 4 years, it's been bulletproof until this.

$650!!!!!! that better come with a handy at time of purchase, gawd damn. I think the beefier waterproof garmin is only $500 which is still too damn much in my opinion, how rugged is this tomtom over the garmin? :nerd:

$650!!!!!! that better come with a handy at time of purchase, gawd damn. I think the beefier waterproof garmin is only $500 which is still too damn much in my opinion, how rugged is this tomtom over the garmin? :nerd:

I have played with the tom tom in a customers car one day i liked my garmin a lot better. the garmin is easer to use for me and its tough it falls of the window of my truck hits the dash on the way then lands on the floor. Never a problem.

Curious problem. I went out to the garage this morning and the screen on the Garmin was all wrinkled. The bike has been sitting for a few weeks. The screen looks like it had a protective coating that was damaged somehow. The thin layer flaked off with my finger and the screen is completely readable but has a glossier finish now. It appears it will scratch very easily.

Seems like it was attacked by a strong chemical. I haven't even washed the bike lately. The only thing I can think of is I was spraying some insecticide in the corners of the garage about a week ago. Nowhere near the bike but the fumes were definitely in the air. :huh2:

This sort of thing ever happen to anybody? I've had this GPS for 3 or 4 years, it's been bulletproof until this.

It must have still had the original screen protector film still on it, you can get spare protecting film from ebay.

Gary

It must have still had the original screen protector film still on it, you can get spare protecting film from ebay.

Gary

No, it was part of the screen, a layer that was by far thinner than the static cling protective film they use. I rode the bike today. The screen has a funny glossy texture now that will scratch easily with a fingernail. It reflects badly in daylight.

I ordered a 2820 to replace it. At least I had a good excuse for the upgrade :thumbsup: