Any BREVA 1100 Owners?

Guest GuzziLee

Guest GuzziLee
I have a Breva 1100 and I can only say that the suspension is miles ahead of my other Guzzis, the engine revs nicely and pulls through the range (not with the same urgency as the V11), the handling is markedly better than any other bike I have ever tried and the brakes are powerful. Altogether it is a very comfortable bike with a nice seat. Very easy to live with.

Neutral observations, quiet, refined, relaxed.

Small complaints would be a back brake pads, lasted 10000km, gear changes clonky (from shaft and box).

I have no windscreen on this bike, so it is really only for doing up to about 130km/h.

Thanks for the info. I am glad you mentioned the gear change clunk. That was the one lasting concern form my first ride, but if that is normal , great. Although I am surprided with this CARC drive technology that would be so. Looks like I will get the stock windscreen for grins. Any other concerns????

Happy Trails

Lee

• 1 year later...

What brand windscreen is that on your bike? Looks like it could work better than the mg screen. Is it wider than the mg screen?

Fred

Hi GuzziLee,

As a Breva (2006 Breva V1100 ABS) owner for the last 2 years I can tell:

Very easy to ride motorcycle! Handles perfectly, the engine is smooth and the torque is satisfactory.

The riding position is one of the most comfortable ones I think. It is a very goog naked/tourer bike.

The fuel consumption is around 5,2 to 5,6 lt/100 km.

The front brakes are superb. The back brake is very powerful, that's why I preferred the ABS edition. The ABS system works..like you do not have any...it functions whenever you truly need it (panic brakes)

The pillion seat is very comfortable also. Best solution for me (if you like traveling with pillion) it to buy the MG hard bags and also the 45 lt top Box.

Disadvantage: The MG stock screen produces some buffeting effect when riding at speed 120-130 km/h or more. (there are some marques that produce after market screens, if you'll think you need it). The buffeting effect becomes more when riding with the pillion. (Much have been said to the mg-griso forum. You can read many things and find choices-solutions there www.mg-griso.com

Be well

Dimitris

P.S on the uploaded image you can see an aftermarket screen that I've mounted when traveling in winter, buffeting-free with a pillion.

What brand windscreen is that on your bike? Looks like it could work better than the mg screen. Is it wider than the mg screen?

Fred

Yes a little wider but mainly higher. You can choose the height you prefer. The brand is called "Eagle Screens Australia". Try to contact them http://www.eaglescreens.com.au/motoguzzi.htm