The "Piss Cups"

savagehenry

One of the esthetics of the model that "bothers" me is the very PLASTIC master cylinder resevoirs for the clutch and front brake on the LeMans. Any experiences with some sort of modifacations/upgrades? Any reasons, beyond looks, why I should be happy with the cheesy stock looking but good working set up? A set of nice Vortex caps would make them look nicer, Buuttt...Thought about the Brembo m/c for the brake, but the clutch doesn't seem to have an easily found change, mucho SEARCHES found nothing so far, Thanks, S.H.

P.S. 27 degrees Farenheit today, STILL Riding, pretty much daily :huh: ... :notworthy::mg:...This FIRST MG season has been a REAL TRIP...

Guest george in vancouver

http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/ProdottiUni...?ID_categoria=3

CT027T.jpg

One of the esthetics of the model that "bothers" me is the very PLASTIC master cylinder resevoirs for the clutch and front brake on the LeMans. Any experiences with some sort of modifacations/upgrades? Any reasons, beyond looks, why I should be happy with the cheesy stock looking but good working set up? A set of nice Vortex caps would make them look nicer, Buuttt...Thought about the Brembo m/c for the brake, but the clutch doesn't seem to have an easily found change, mucho SEARCHES found nothing so far, Thanks, S.H.

P.S. 27 degrees Farenheit today, STILL Riding, pretty much daily :huh: ... :notworthy::mg:...This FIRST MG season has been a REAL TRIP...

Nice! :thumbsup:

Yeah, they are awesome :grin: The only minor little problem is, who do you buy them from? They have no dealers in the US, or on-line, and when you go to their contact page, they say that they will not sell direct??? I emailed them about all of the above..........

Yeah, they are awesome :grin: The only minor little problem is, who do you buy them from? They have no dealers in the US, or on-line, and when you go to their contact page, they say that they will not sell direct??? I emailed them about all of the above..........

If there is nobody in the USA you could always order from a European distributor.

These guys for example: Twinshack- they are used to shipping abroad.

Guy :helmet:

Do NOT buy the older Rizoma reservoir containers. I have one & it leaks through the sight window. This is a common problem. The new one looks like that wont be a problem though. Very good looking pieces if you dont mind paying close to $200 usd for the tiny beauties.

Speeds Cycle, in MD is a dealer that sells rizoma. I'm sura there are many others. I would look at Ducati dealers. They would be likely to sell them.

Speed's does stock them. I think they run about $160 for the set of two. I would call around.

could try some booties that cover them, they're like sweatbands with motorcycle logos and getting popular on the track.

27F, watch those tires, no hard turning. heck avoid turning altogether for a few blocks if you can, I had a bit o a spill at that temp little over a week ago.

I know it's a matter of personal taste, but I think I improved the looks of mine by just spinning the alloy cap in a lathe and machining the top and sides by a couple of thou. A polish with the 'Solvol' and I reckon it looks better. You can just see it here;

IMG_5951.jpg