Death Valley National Park, CA PhotoShow

Guest Kevin H

We intended to ride, however low temps were 15 F with highs around 35 F at our house. Once there, however, it was 60-70 F during the day (perfect for bikes, of course). A little too far away to endure those temps on a ~450 mile trip. In summer it is 125 F there, so absolutely no riding. A few of the images are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise, sorry...

Hope you enjoy them, regardless.

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/kk5eJ6zR

The desolation there is unlike any other desert region in North America. A good place for a dual sport bike with a big gas tank.

Most of the other visitors were Europeans. :sun:

We rode through Death Valley last July and it was pretty warm. We decided to ride through early morning which was a good idea.

It was lot easier than I expected- in fact the Mojave was worse the week before with temps as high as 120 degrees during the heatwave.

Thanks for the great picture show, Kevin. I went through DV during the summer, by car. As I stopped and got out, just to see how hot it really was, a bicycle rider rode by. Unbelievable! It was so hot, that even though I had been comfortably cool in the car, within about 3 seconds, sweat started to pour out of every pore. I could easily see how fatal it could be in that furnace, but beautiful it is! The mineral crystals in incredibly brilliant colored pockets of water below the surface were unlike anything I'd ever seen.