Electric Starter  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Problems....was it..

• Clutch Switch
    • Side Stand
    • Neutral Light
    • Starter Button
    • Terminations under the tank

I have tried it with the side stand up and down, But I have found holding in the clutch and pressing the starter button and lifting the gears into second, down into first and up into neutral starts the engine leading me to believe there is a problem with a switch/sensor by the gear lever? I have messed with this, up and down...and at the moment (fingers crossed) it starts everytime! Hoooooooorah!

Glad you found a work-around, and hopefully you're on you way to correcting the problem. But I don't understand how the neutral switch could be all the problem. The bike only needs to be in neutral to start if the side stand is down. Maybe there's more then one issue. Maybe the side stand switch or the relay is not working correctly.

I'm just sayin'...

Glad you found a work-around, and hopefully you're on you way to correcting the problem. But I don't understand how the neutral switch could be all the problem. The bike only needs to be in neutral to start if the side stand is down. Maybe there's more then one issue. Maybe the side stand switch or the relay is not working correctly.

I'm just sayin'...

I'd agree with that. If the neutral light is working than it should start. Could even be a few problems combined. A marginal relay and an intermittent side stand switch, aggravated by a weak battery caused by a lame charging system....

The work-around will eventually start to fail as the problem progresses.

The good news is that it will be easier to diagnose when the problem happens every time! :D

The work-around will eventually start to fail as the problem progresses.

As long as he's using Orange Okie's jiggly workaround, the problem might actually go away. But eventually the workarounds themselves will need overhaul :rolleyes: