Wet greetings

tripletom

Hi all, I've been browsing/lurking for a few months now gleaning advice etc on the V11's. This weekend should see the purchase of my very own V11. Should everything go according to plan I shall report back with pics!

I'm looking forward to it...

Hi all, I've been browsing/lurking for a few months now gleaning advice etc on the V11's. This weekend should see the purchase of my very own V11. Should everything go according to plan I shall report back with pics!

I'm looking forward to it...

As its cold and raining at the moment, if you've got the space and time its worth checking/greasing all the electrical connections under the tank ,the generator wiring , side stand and clutch switch can all give issues in our "moist" weather :D .

If your really bored and its still raining after that you can check the valve clearances and TPS.

:bier:

Dave

hello and welcome...I am new here myself.

What year, model etc. are you buying? I'm in the dealings right now for an 01' V11 Lemans, metallic green with red frame, 14,000 miles on her.

Lots of great info here.... :rolleyes:

paso- I intend to go through it all, I like to tinker and do plenty of miles. Got a trip down through france and along the pyrenees booked for may/june, here's hoping the v11 is up to the task!

v11crazed- its a 2002 V11 Scura I'm aiming for...

paso- I intend to go through it all, I like to tinker and do plenty of miles. Got a trip down through france and along the pyrenees booked for may/june, here's hoping the v11 is up to the task!

v11crazed- its a 2002 V11 Scura I'm aiming for...

If you like to tinker the V11 is the bike for you :D

I bought my V11 at roughly this time of year 2yrs ago, stripped and checked everything and then went to France (to the Trofeo Rosso) the only issue was getting the panniers to fit with a pillion (I made my own frame) so you may want to check this. The bike ran superb, was almost as good on fuel as my mates 850 lemans but pinked a little on the French Premium Unleaded (that could have been due to the heat ?)

You should find everything you need to make your Guzzi reliable here, there is a list of things to check somewhere but if I remember correctly the main ones are...

carry a spare pawl spring (do a search if you don't know about this)

keep the oil level at maximum (some say above - do a search for Roper Plate)

replace the gearbox and final drive oil with REDLINE Shockproof Heavy (avail. from Demon Tweeks)

check the tightness of the oil filter ( possibly secure with a hose clip)

check that the rear brake master cylinder is fully returning (don't be tempted to adjust out the clearance in the linkage !)

I'm sure others will add to this :D

Enjoy

Dave

Change your pawl spring in the warmth and safety of your garage... you know, near the beer supply. It is an hour well spent versus having to fix it roadside at an inopportune time. Shockproof Heavy in the gearbox, too. Shifts like butter!