Air Filters -- K & N

cycdude6

Guest frankdugo

hey dude' the k&n part #33-2682 is what i have on oov11s.belive it is listed for early fiats.auto zone.if i remeber right about 55$.am satisifed with it.take it easy.

You are aware that these reusable oiled gauze things are no way as effective at stopping grot than the standard paper filter?

I don't really want to start the whole K&N controversy raging again, but I wouldn't put one of these things on any engine I cared for and was liable to keep for a long time.

You are aware that these reusable oiled gauze things are no way as effective at stopping grot than the standard paper filter?

I don't really want to start the whole K&N controversy raging again, but I wouldn't put one of these things on any engine I cared for and was liable to keep for a long time.

But they're sooooo purty when just oiled up and red :P

Wow, is it just me or does that sound awfully obscene! :rolleyes:

I had K&Ns for a while, but have the foam filters on now as they fit the velocity stacks I fitted last year. I suspect that the potential damage is in direct proportion to how dusty/dirty an environment one rides. But I agree that the obvious generalized trade-off for higher air flow means less filtration.

Al

But they're sooooo purty when just oiled up and red :P

Wow, is it just me or does that sound awfully obscene! :rolleyes:

I had K&Ns for a while, but have the foam filters on now as they fit the velocity stacks I fitted last year. I suspect that the potential damage is in direct proportion to how dusty/dirty an environment one rides. But I agree that the obvious generalized trade-off for higher air flow means less filtration.

Al

I'm more concerned with where that 'oil' ends up.

I don't buy into the K&N marketing thing myself... however

one thing that really makes me keep them on (pods on Sport1100) is their resilience to riding in rain.

n_s_S!

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it. I don't really care about the controversy over high flow reusable air filters, I like 'em for the reason they are reuseable and can be cleaned and put back into service. This also avoids my tendency to order parts at the last minute and or skip the replacment of the stock airfilter. Plus it's a one shot expense and I'm a fan of that economy.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to sound all contraversial, but I just removed the K&N's and refitted the original airbox. The bike runs much better now and the cough I had at around 3.5 to 4k RPM seems to have gone. I need to re balance the carbs, but all in all the bike is MUCH easier to ride.

So there, nurdy, nurdy, ner! Ner! :P

That's great, but the post is about using a K&N replacement filter in place of the stock one in the air box. I agree with you, an airbox is going to make more power in a smoother way then pods. Even a poorly designed one like the Guzzi box. The cool thing about the pods is the look, which on a Guzzi is more obvious the on most bikes. Whether you like K&N's or not is a whole other can of worms, but if you do, the K&N replacement in the stock airbox(possibly with the box top cut or removed) is the way to go.