Another hello !

Guest mountainmotor

Guest mountainmotor

Wow , this site has a wealth of information .

A little bit about myself . My name is Curtis and I have been riding, racing and race crafting motorcycles for some 35 years now . My first trip deep inside a 4 stroke engine in effort to make more power was at age 16 . Most of the bikes I have owned did not have any character and few made any real measure of soul stirring sounds .

I have been ready for a Moto Guzzi for longer than my subconsious cares to admit . Especially the last 5 years or so and have now taken the leap because at some point in a bike maniacs life there's a threshhold of time of aquiring a bike , maintaining it well and running the miles up enough so that it's part of you and it becomes your friend .

Nows the time I chose and come end of my time there will be a hi-mile Guzzi thats had the engine internaly modified in the garage for my Son to deal with. Probably two or three Guzzi's as it's seems this is an addiction of sorts .

Back in 1985 or so I was on a road trip in the Ozarks with the wife and in a bar's restroom with walls of native wood these words were carved :

Moto Guzzi - ride one or wobble

Might that have been a member here who carved these words ?

Anyway , both my Son and Daughter rides and when I go , it's for the longer trips . I ride only with my wife and going on 32 years of marriage she has seen her share of miles riding pillion .

She believes the LeMans is the best thing we have ever done for ourselves in terms of a two up road bike . I think she's right :D

Back in 1985 or so I was on a road trip in the Ozarks with the wife and in a bar's restroom with walls of native wood these words were carved :

Moto Guzzi - ride one or wobble

Might that have been a member here who carved these words ?

that would be a great start for a novel...

.... at some point in a bike maniacs life there's a threshhold of time of aquiring a bike , maintaining it well and running the miles up enough so that it's part of you and it becomes your friend...

Welcome to Moto Guzzi!

KB :sun: