injector linkage

Jap In OZ

G'day,

looking for a part number for the linkage between the two throttle bodies, mine has excessive play for some weird reason :huh:

Checked out the workshop manual/part catalogue cd but can't find it there! whats' going on there?

Ciao

Jasper

G'day,

looking for a part number for the linkage between the two throttle bodies, mine has excessive play for some weird reason :huh:

Checked out the workshop manual/part catalogue cd but can't find it there! whats' going on there?

Ciao

Jasper

Yes it seems the only thing listed is a complete TB assembly, at about the price of a complete used bike from eBay :o . My guess is you'll have much quicker and cheaper results replacing it with some non-OEM stuff. Where is the problem, the ball joint? Shouldn't be a major problem to find something similar.

On the other hand, some play shouldn't matter much as long as there is tension. Is your RH idle screw backed out?

Thanks!

Yeah the baljoint has excessive play which I like to sort. I thought I'll just see how much the OEM replacement would be and than make a decission on a solution. I'll propbably replace the balljoint bit with something from a local shop.

Cheers

Jasper

Guest frankdugo

hey jasper,dont know if this will help-v11 le mans '2002'-catalouge code:01 92 00 90-.drawing 7 throtle assy.-inlet ducts. #4 upper crosspiece code# 01 11 05 30.this is what my parts catalouge shows. ciao frank

hey jasper,dont know if this will help-v11 le mans '2002'-catalouge code:01 92 00 90-.drawing 7 throtle assy.-inlet ducts. #4 upper crosspiece code# 01 11 05 30.this is what my parts catalouge shows. ciao frank

That is great, is there part numbers for o-rings and stuff for TB's too?

This is the horrible 'plastic' ball joint and the original is riveted to the plate attached to the injector. I assume that to replace it with a threaded item you would need to drill out the old one from ther plate and bolt the replacement to it?

Phil

It shouldn't be impossible to find a replacement for just the plastic half of it and leave tha ball as is. Still, I can't see how a little play would hurt as long as you don't use the RH idle screw. And as long as it doesn't separate on its' own :P

Jasper, you don't need one of this, do you?

That's excactly what i need.. Thyanks!

It shouldn't be impossible to find a replacement for just the plastic half of it and leave tha ball as is. Still, I can't see how a little play would hurt as long as you don't use the RH idle screw. And as long as it doesn't separate on its' own :P

It seperated on it's own.... so replacement is due! I think i'll go and source the plastic bit in metal might be easier than trying to order the original part from MG

Cheers

Jasper

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, using only the left idle screw will keep the connecting rod in tension at idle and above, to eliminate backlash, and there's less chance of it coming loose. In a pinch, if there's a risk of the rod falling away until you can get a replacement, a little epoxy could be used to "rebuild" it.

The Centauro forum part list says you can use a socket from some unspecified Volvo (plastic ones wont fit but metal one will) as well as "Mercedes throttle rod end, p/n 000 991 88 22"

• 2 years later...

My joint is due now too. It doesn't self-separate but the idle TPS varies depending on how it settles. I found the Volvo p/n too (not certain yet it's the correct part but it should be): 959088

volvo_959088.jpg

Here you can see how you can separate it and use the existing ball. I'll report when I can confirm p/n.