Ignition switch problem

ALdad

I am starting to have an intermittent ignition switch prob. insert key turn and no dash lights, will not start. Wiggle key and she goes. Is the ignition switch fixable or should I order a new one? I am sure it is stupid expensive and will take forever to get. Is this a common issue. The bike only nas 13k mi. I would'nt expect it to were out so soon.

One of the wires within my ignition switch came adrift. Could take the switch off and re solder up. added a small piece of extra wire in order to do so. They obviously aren't security bolts used to mount the switch.

My symptoms gradually got worse over several days and came to a head when at the Erin Rally in 06.

I first noticed that the tacho and speedo lights would flicker, initially when the bars where moved from dead ahead and then all the time. Obviously this was only apparent when riding in the dark. Didn't seem to be evident when stationary or engine off - vibration related. When being followed by others in Ireland I was told my rear light was flickering, obviously the connection making and breaking. It also deprived me of indicators, but still had head light (doubt the position light - but who cares about that never use it on its own) and brake light. DID NOT EFFECT STARTING

When I've had starting issues was traced to:

1- Side stand switch - got sticky - spray with WD40 and push in and out several times

2- Faulty neutral switch - replaced (underwarranty at same time they did oil pressure switch and rear shock - old thread refers)

3- POOr connections under the tank - the two bullets to the LHS - respond to the bar wiggle - subsequent clean up.

4- Blown fuse - issues with regulator/connection - bit chicken and egg - again another old thread

hope some of above is of some use to you