Lubeing the Rear End

Scotch

But ain't a Free Market Economy a Truly Marvelous Thing of Beauty and Joy Forever -- compared to all other alternatives, that is?? :thumbsup:

And yet, with centuries of history, knowledge, and expertise behind it, we still have fools screaming, "This is morally wrong, and IT'S GOT TO BE STOPPED!". . . <_>

. . . And waddayagonna do? :huh2:

yup the free market economy is in a wonderful state at the moment :bbblll:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ratchethack
yup the free market economy is in a wonderful state at the moment :bbblll:

Hmmm, Gavo! Perhaps you're under the impression that such illustrious anti-Free Market, State-owned economies as Venezuela, China, and of course, the "little darling" of illiterate Philistines everywhere, The People's Paradise of Cooba, are in a superior state at the moment? :rolleyes:

post-1212-1231514692_thumb.jpg

An opposition protester holds a sign reading,

"Chavez, You cause hunger, Get out now!"

in Caracas, Venezuela (AP PHOTO)

post-1212-1231515874_thumb.jpg

The economic strength and prosperity of Greater Shanghai

post-1212-1231515160.jpg

Another luxuriously appointed People's Paradise entry

in the perpetual half-century (and counting) Habana to Miami Yacht Race,

anxiously hoping to dodge the usual target practice exchange with Fidel's gunboats

Here we go...

Ten months ago I called this thread "molly warming" in post #18.

Guess it just had to simmer for awhile.

tic-toc, tic-toc

Hmmm, Gavo! Perhaps you're under the impression that such illustrious anti-Free Market, State-owned economies as Venezuela, China, and of course, the "little darling" of illiterate Philistines everywhere, The People's Paradise of Cooba, are in a superior state at the moment? :rolleyes:

yeah its great if your on top of the heap.

Both systems have their virtues and in principal a state run system would be better as it shouldn't allow one person to prosper from anothers plight which free enterprise does. To have people that are so wealthy for example they fly in mineral water because it's their favorite while other citizens sleep rough on the streets is obscene by any moral standard and once some individuals or multi nationals become wealthy enough they can ruin aspiring competitiors, topple goverments, installing someone sypathetic to their point of view. The problem with both state and free enterpise systems is "PEOPLE" greed and corruption take over .However there are some things that should never be run for profit and state run does not have to mean inefficient. Health and education are 2 things that should be free to all people.

So please do not hold up the the capitalist system as a utopia it has just as many flaws as any other and until we stop thinking me first the world will always have problems we can't keep on consuming and profiting forever unless we find another asteroid to move to anyway thats my rave I'm of to be first to get the last fuel and go for a ride :lol: Too-shay and ----------MOLLY :D

Guest ratchethack
Health and education are 2 things that should be free to all people.

Well, Cooba famously offers both. Why then, d'you figure so many Coobans have risked their lives on the open ocean every year for 50 years to escape the Prison Island under threat of death and the brutality of Fidel's gunboat patrols, Gavo? And why d'you s'pose so many of those who successfully make it here to the USA are seeking medical treatment for chronic diseases? Why d'you figure most graduating MD's of Cooban Medical Schools flee to other countries (not the USA -- seems they regularly fall short o' too many AMA credential requirements) as soon as they can find a way escape? So many Q's. . .

Enquiring minds. . . (well, you know). . . :huh2:

O' course, there are those who LOVE Cooba. To each his own. As a self-confessing Marxist, I reckon you would, too (at first). . . As a matter of fact, why aren't you there NOW?? :rolleyes:

I reckon you could find at least one beautiful People's Paradise Citizen who shares your philosophy who'd also love you back. :wub:

post-1212-1231554568_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah -- ON TOP of being able to buy Fidel's favorite, Cohiba Habanos,

everybody gets FREE DENTAL and VISION CARE, too! :whistle:

Both systems have their virtues and in principal a state run system would be better as it shouldn't allow one person to prosper from anothers plight which free enterprise does.

In what way does free enterprise allow one person to profit from another's plight? Subjective evaluations of condition don't enter into it; free enterprise simply allocates resources in the most efficient manner. If you want to improve the plighted, educating the wealthy to want to ease the suffering of their fellow man is more productive than whining that they prefer Fijian water to dealing with bettering the lot of the lazy.

Have they no workhouses? No debtor's prisons?

No, wait: those are more common in state run economies, only they call them factories & gulags...

;)

In what way does free enterprise allow one person to profit from another's plight? Subjective evaluations of condition don't enter into it; free enterprise simply allocates resources in the most efficient manner. If you want to improve the plighted, educating the wealthy to want to ease the suffering of their fellow man is more productive than whining that they prefer Fijian water to dealing with bettering the lot of the lazy.

Have they no workhouses? No debtor's prisons?

No, wait: those are more common in state run economies, only they call them factories & gulags...

;)

For the love of money is..........

Well, Cooba famously offers both. Why then, d'you figure so many Coobans have risked their lives on the open ocean every year for 50 years to escape the Prison Island under threat of death and the brutality of Fidel's gunboat patrols, Gavo? And why d'you s'pose so many of those who successfully make it here to the USA are seeking medical treatment for chronic diseases? Why d'you figure most graduating MD's of Cooban Medical Schools flee to other countries (not the USA -- seems they regularly fall short o' too many AMA credential requirements) as soon as they can find a way escape? So many Q's. . .

Enquiring minds. . . (well, you know). . . :huh2:

O' course, there are those who LOVE Cooba. To each his own. As a self-confessing Marxist, I reckon you would, too (at first). . . As a matter of fact, why aren't you there NOW?? :rolleyes:

I reckon you could find at least one beautiful People's Paradise Citizen who shares your philosophy who'd also love you back. :wub:

the_face_of_Cooba.jpg

Oh yeah -- ON TOP of being able to buy Fidel's favorite, Cohiba Habanos,

everybody gets FREE DENTAL and VISION CARE, too! :whistle:

This is fun :lol: lets address your reply in point form shall we.

1:chronic diseases, a drug and equipment shortage caused by a trade embargo implemented by the USA

for the last what? 45years, :P might have something to do with it.

2:Medical training,there are numerous demorcratic countries whose doctors have trouble passing certifcation in your's or my country, however my wife works in medicine and has worked with many fine doctors from overseas sometimes better than the local product. sometimes things like the AMA are more about politics.

3:you seem to have a penchant for labeling people when they disagree with you,I have not said I'm a marxist but simply believe there is a better way than the extremes of communism and capitalism.you seem to believe if you make a profit its ok whatever you do.

4:oh and I believe another country has a gulag on cuba hmmmmmmm :P oh and moly is a wonderful thing.

p.s. if the goverment puts up money to bail out a private company( which it seems to be doing a lot of) does it then become a state owned company or are the taxpayers just the suckers giving money to the wealthy when they screw up?

This is fun :lol: lets address your reply in point form shall we.

1:chronic diseases, a drug and equipment shortage caused by a trade embargo implemented by the USA

for the last what? 45years, :P might have something to do with it.

2:Medical training,there are numerous demorcratic countries whose doctors have trouble passing certifcation in your's or my country, however my wife works in medicine and has worked with many fine doctors from overseas sometimes better than the local product. sometimes things like the AMA are more about politics.

3:you seem to have a penchant for labeling people when they disagree with you,I have not said I'm a marxist but simply believe there is a better way than the extremes of communism and capitalism.you seem to believe if you make a profit its ok whatever you do.

4:oh and I believe another country has a gulag on cuba hmmmmmmm :P oh and moly is a wonderful thing.

p.s. if the goverment puts up money to bail out a private company( which it seems to be doing a lot of) does it then become a state owned company or are the taxpayers just the suckers giving money to the wealthy when they screw up?

Touché!

Funny how the Righties are for strong police state, but that is the fault they find with Cuba and Venezuela (which were police thugs states long before the lefties came into power) I am not saying they should not relax the police state, just giving a reality check to those in need.

Which racist country imprisons the highest percentage of black people?

I'll give you a hint, Ratchet lives there, and probably votes for the SOBs that make that happen.

I love this. its just January 14. and a an innocent topic about Moly additives has turned into a 3-page raging take no prisoners rant about chemistry, police states, free markets, and stately genocide (not exactly the last but we are getting there, mark my words). Its just brilliant (said completely devoid of sarcasm). This forum makes my other group (the Rangerovers.net forum) look like a cavemans message board with pterodactyls acting as drawing pins.

Actually I love the fact that Ratchet and Dave (among others) have the urge to grab the axe and crossbows from under the bed and go to battle at any given time. Which other bike forum has discussions like this?! Guzzi-men are truly a remarkable breed.

On an another note; I'm going to get my RSLH tomorrow at the Harley shop (which also gives me a chance to drool over the long wheel base Buell again) and insert it where it belongs. In due time, that is. The winter is still ahead of us. I actually have wondered about that moly-shit myself, moly-additive being so hideously expensive as it is.

... just wondered: any of you guys who knows the drill of changing the serpentine belt on a 4,6 Rover V8? The answers should range from innocent suggestions to links tied to the history of the conflict in the Middle East.

Redline Shockproof Heavy is very popular for use in Harley transmissions. I'd been meaning to try it in mine as it's a but 'clunkier' than some I've had and I hoped it might lessen that.

The only problem with it seems to be that, in NZ at least, it's bloody expensive! I need to find another supplier if I'm to keep the Harley and the Guzzi shockproof.