Any Cali riders lurking here?

Guzzista_Joe

Howdy!

I've just completed an article on the (potted) history of the Cali and am after people who have owned/ridden Calis to post their experiences of owning and running one of these machines which, in my opinion, is one of the most important Guzzis of the last 40 years.

The page is here, all you need do is open a thread at the foot of the page...personal experiences are always so much more interesting than just a load of text!

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/California+Dreaming

Thanks for your help!

Joe

I've been watching that Cali Vintage. It is, perhaps, one of the ultimate bar-riser kits for the Sport.

And the installation is easy: 1) remove license plate from Sport 2) throw money 3) back Vintage up to license plate and tighten.

Really, I would rather keep the Sport,(still throw money), and have something the wife might like to have a ride on.

Just a minor addition: There were disc-brake Eldo Calis made for model year 1975. I have seen build dates of as late as March 1975. All of these I have seen were police bikes.

Greg, you have much knowledge, if you had the time my srticle would be greatly enhanced by any contribution you may be able to make. It would certainly help with regards accuracy as my research capability stretches only as far as my books and the net allow.

Our site is a wiki, which means it is there for people to add to the content themselves (as opposed to static sites where it is down to the owner of the site) and we'd be honoured if you could could make whatever additions you felt were required to the Cali history article...

Cheers

Joe

Nice article

I just wish you mention the sports and short run of the custom Cali (Aluminum and Titanium)... ( I am partial :)

Anthro

:lol: yep, there's a fella on our furum and site who has just bought one just like yours!

I have just purchased a EV80 California 1100 2002 model (number 14 of the run) with 8,400km on the clock.

My wife insisted after she spotted the saddle bags, seat, backrest all in Burgundy leather - just like buying a handbag.

It does ride rather well compared to other cruisers if not quite as wieldy as my V11. It is a world of difference for her compared to the V11 as a pillion passenger though, I have just got to sort that suspension out a little !