Days Away!

V11crazed

Hello all!

I guess it was a couple of months ago that I joined this board in anticipation of the arrival of an '01 V11 sport. Metallic green and lovely.... :mg:

Well, I got a call today from Haulbikes that the bike will arrive on my doorstep Friday afternoon. The timing couldn't be better....our winter "rains" have passed and the weather is calling for low 80's and sunny for the weekend. Plus, well.........it's the weekend!

I promise to post photos as soon as possible and probably ask more questions as I spend some with da bike.... :race:

V11crazed...aka: Nancy

You sly dog V11c................ I can hear the sleet bouncing off the window beside me. Winter will not let go here in Maine. Good on you for having a chance to ride the new baby this weekend.

Just look her over close before you fire and ride!

Hold on tight!

Well, I got a call today from Haulbikes that the bike will arrive on my doorstep Friday afternoon. The timing couldn't be better....our winter "rains" have passed and the weather is calling for low 80's and sunny for the weekend. Plus, well.........it's the weekend!

Low 80's ?.....low 80's????.......I hate you!!!

I was just thinking the other day that I'm close to driving the bike again as the temperatures are nearing the magical 35 degree mark. That's my minimum temp that I can ride to work and be reasonably comfortable.

Bastard.

Hello all!

I guess it was a couple of months ago that I joined this board in anticipation of the arrival of an '01 V11 sport. Metallic green and lovely.... :mg:

I promise to post photos as soon as possible and probably ask more questions as I spend some with da bike.... :race:

V11crazed...aka: Nancy

Good for you Nancy, enjoy. Please report as we from the north will have to ride vicariously through you for the time being.

Good luck with the new bike! I hope you LOVE IT!

Too much salt on the road here to take out my beautiful Guzzi but I did take my old BMW to work yesterday.

The BMW is now front to back white with SALT! Yuck! It was still worth the taste of riding again. It's the only thing that truely cures the Winter seasonal depression

You sly dog V11c................ I can hear the sleet bouncing off the window beside me. Winter will not let go here in Maine.

Isn't that the truth! I haven't ridden since October! Today looks a little promising temp in the low 40's and believe it or not THE SUN IS SHINING! The roads are still messed up with sand and salt so i'll take a rip on the X and hit some dirt roads.

Thats great V11c hope you have great first ride on that "greenie" ! :D

Hi Nancy

I too have a VTEC,and hope you love to ride yer new ride as much as I do :food: .A completely different animal than our beloved VFR's but very satisfying.Just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and complements when you pull over.do you hang out at the VFRD?

Michael

Hi Nancy

I too have a VTEC,and hope you love to ride yer new ride as much as I do :food: .A completely different animal than our beloved VFR's but very satisfying.Just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and complements when you pull over.do you hang out at the VFRD?

Michael

Hey Michael....cool that you have a VFR. What year? Mines an '06. I really enjoy it. Will be interesting to see how diverse the two bikes are.... :nerd:

I do hang out at VFRDiscussion.com. A fairly nice group of folks there, and like this site, tons of great info. there. I'm mtbiker1 over there....and you?

Hi folks,

Don't be TO jealous of the Tucson weather. It's actually going to be a little cooler this weekend...very low to mid 70's. I'm tellin ya, when yer blood gets used to 100 degree plus weather, it thins out. 70 degrees is damn cold.... :wacko:

So....24 hours and counting..... :helmet:

Hey Michael....cool that you have a VFR. What year? Mines an '06. I really enjoy it. Will be interesting to see how diverse the two bikes are.... :nerd:

I do hang out at VFRDiscussion.com. A fairly nice group of folks there, and like this site, tons of great info. there. I'm mtbiker1 over there....and you?

Oh ya ,we spoke over there.You should show her off to the group,a real beauty. :wub: Potential BOTM! :mg: Your gonna be like a kid at christmas tonite,he.he,he.....

Oh ya ,we spoke over there.You should show her off to the group,a real beauty. :wub: Potential BOTM! :mg: Your gonna be like a kid at christmas tonite,he.he,he.....

oh cool, you're the scura guy!

I don't think the folks here would appreciate the VFR's beauty..... :P Oh, wait, you must mean pics of the guzzi.... :lol:

Well, it's 8:50 a.m. Tucson time...I have taken today and Monday off...perhaps Tuesday as well. Figure why not, got the time and the best temps to ride. The bike will be here today! Batteries are in the camera and cold beer in the fridge for celebration.... :bier: