Ohlins shock troubles

tmcafe

Hello everybody,

Weather here a bit milder--barely enough to do my valves and torque the cylinder heads in the dark and unheated garage. I even got to install some goodies from Moto Intl: the OEM rear rack and a LED taillight w/clear lens. And now this: looks like the Ohlins shock has a blown seal: the rubber knob spins freely, no clicks. :( (this may explain why the rear felt so bumpy). Hope warranty will take care of it fast enough (whatever fast means in Guzzi world), but in the meantime I'm itching to ride the bike, which I'm still in love with just like the first day. :D But maybe it's not the best idea, and I've heard that it may not be good for the rest of the working suspension, possibly the drive train? Grateful for suggestions. :bier:

Hello everybody,

Weather here a bit milder--barely enough to do my valves and torque the cylinder heads in the dark and unheated garage. I even got to install some goodies from Moto Intl: the OEM rear rack and a LED taillight w/clear lens. And now this: looks like the Ohlins shock has a blown seal: the rubber knob spins freely, no clicks. :( (this may explain why the rear felt so bumpy). Hope warranty will take care of it fast enough (whatever fast means in Guzzi world), but in the meantime I'm itching to ride the bike, which I'm still in love with just like the first day. :D But maybe it's not the best idea, and I've heard that it may not be good for the rest of the working suspension, possibly the drive train? Grateful for suggestions. :bier:

I have a functional spare non-Ohlins shock you could use until your Ohlins is replaced.