Battery

big unit

Moto Guzzi V11 sport, after a long search I have just bought a new battery for my Guzz. I purchased it in Sydney and it is an Odyssey PC545MJ. MJ is for Metal Jacket.

It is an exact fit and battery terminals are in the correct position. It can be laid on its side as it is a sealed battery.

Hope this helps for anyone trying to source a battery here in Sydney

Moto Guzzi V11 sport, after a long search I have just bought a new battery for my Guzz. I purchased it in Sydney and it is an Odyssey PC545MJ. MJ is for Metal Jacket.

It is an exact fit and battery terminals are in the correct position. It can be laid on its side as it is a sealed battery.

Hope this helps for anyone trying to source a battery here in Sydney

Congrats! You now have the very best battery available for the V11. :D

It fits most models. but there are some, including my '04 Cafe Sport, in which the seat's plastic base transfers the riders weight to the battery. The metal jacket option may protect the battery, but I posted pictures in my album showing how to modify the battery bracket and seat to eliminate the problem.

The Yuasa equivalent has almost exactly the same dimensions, and also has the interference issue.

If you haven't already, search this forum for charging methods. They are different for the Odyssey than from other batteries.

John

I bought one of these when my original battery died after 2 years. The PC 545 is now into it's 6th yr, no worries!

Steve

Steve you mean the PC545 Metal Jacket, or the simple one?

Steve you mean the PC545 Metal Jacket, or the simple one?

I don't think mine is a metal jacket one, not sure what the difference would be. It's just the red plastic case.

An interesting note. The instructions with the battery say NO trickle charging. I've never once done this in spite of my 2 Deltran battery tenders at the ready. No issues! In fact I fired my V11 today in preparation for the season's use. 5 months in my garage, it fired strong with no labouring from the battery/starter. I was impressed, and I don't impress easy.

Ciao, Steve