two oil pipe connectors in left head...

nobody knows?

This may be stupid, but are you sure the new head is identical (except for this issue) to the old one? When I damaged a head (stuck exhaust stud) I looked for a pair of used ones, to be sure not only that they are same type but also equally worn. I imagine nasty vibrations and worse issues otherwise. I may be wrong.

(luckily the stud vanished with voodoo spark magic)

Guest ratchethack

Slavomir, as you know, (but just for the benefit of others) there's an unused boss in the head castings, and a relief in the cooling fins on both heads for a second, rearward fitting of some kind, which isn't used. Apparently this is a vestige from old casting molds where there was evidently a need for it on some other model at some point in history. I wouldn't speculate any further on why it was needed, but wotever it is, it's pretty clear that you don't need it now, since you didn't have it before.

I'd just make sure to understand that oil gets into the proper gallery through the center-mounted access oil feed port, use this port, and if the rearward port taps into this same gallery, thread a plug in it.

There's somebody out there who has the ancient development history on this second hole, and it'd be nice to get the story on it, but it likely doesn't mean too much.

That's about all I can come up with. :huh2:

EDIT: Raz raises a critically important consideration!