Guzzi sales figures?

jhh

So, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my new (to me) Guzzi. It's in pretty much excellent condition, so I'm wondering on whether I should feel bad about modifying (defacing, if you like the red/black look) it. Right now it's the typical red/black Ballabio, but I really like the Scura look (matte black) better.

How many Ballabios were sold in the US in 2004? Just out of curiosity, does anyone have sales statistics (US) on all the different years and models for the V11?

It's a Guzzi. Do what you want but your first customizing obligation

is to replace all those zeros on your odometer with numbers.

God those zeros are ugly!!!! :):mg:

I think a 2 looks really nice in the far left position.

IMG14.JPG

IMG16.JPG

So, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my new (to me) Guzzi. It's in pretty much excellent condition, so I'm wondering on whether I should feel bad about modifying (defacing, if you like the red/black look) it. Right now it's the typical red/black Ballabio, but I really like the Scura look (matte black) better.

How many Ballabios were sold in the US in 2004? Just out of curiosity, does anyone have sales statistics (US) on all the different years and models for the V11?

Not many. I'd be surprised if it was 100. It may be more like 50.

I do know that about 50 each of the Nero Corsa and Coppa Italia were brought in that year.

If you keep it stock and pristine, in 20 or 30 years it might be a collectible oddity.

Right now it's rare, but not collecitble, and not worth a whole lot of money. Keep in mind that ALL Guzzis are rare by most standards!

It's your bike, do with it what you want.

If I had a spare V11 Sport variant around, I'd be ordering up a body kit from Ghezzi + Brian and building a killer back road burner/track bike...

GBMonza13rightside.JPG

It's your bike, do with it what you want.

If I had a spare V11 Sport variant around, I'd be ordering up a body kit from Ghezzi + Brian and building a killer back road burner/track bike...

GBMonza13rightside.JPG

You know, people keep putting that picture in their posts like it was good to look at. Very purposeful and much lighter looking than your average v11, but capital Ugly, as in, "Ow! That hurts my eyes!.."

:wacko:

You know, people keep putting that picture in their posts like it was good to look at. Very purposeful and much lighter looking than your average v11, but capital Ugly, as in, "Ow! That hurts my eyes!.."

Each to his own, I suppose...

I like the G+B kit bike.

A guzzi that is left bone stock is merely a mode of transportation that the driver probably doesn't care as much for, flame me on it but thats what I believe. It feels like the nature of the V11 more so than many other guzzi makes even, is to make it your own. I mean even Enzo can't be faulted for the amount of (I guess you can call it love, you'd have to) love that he has for that monstrosity, and my bike is a bit extreme but its getting toned down as I get older, buy it, ride it and do what needs to be done and maybe a few things that dont. :bier:

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe if it was one color. It kind of reminds me of Captain Nemo's bike [remember him on this forum from a while back], where it had so many things going on, all the differet colors were fighting each other for attention.

Some of G&B's stuff was cool, other stuff they had was like it was designed by Pierre Terblanche [Ducati] on crack!!

Steve

the ballabio seems fairly common at least in my neck of the woods, but more to the point bike riders seem less inclined to tinker nowdays or they just buy bolt on accessories, play with your bike ,experiment make it a reflection of you. I for one hate having a bike like everyone else's

the ballabio seems fairly common at least in my neck of the woods, but more to the point bike riders seem less inclined to tinker nowdays or they just buy bolt on accessories, play with your bike ,experiment make it a reflection of you. I for one hate having a bike like everyone else's

but thats what so great about most mods these days, they design them so anyone can do it(for the most part) otherwise I'd have to go back to school and see if I could find a carbon fiber fabrication class somewhere ^_^ still might