V11 LeMans California (state) differences

dmoon64

The cali ones have fake boobs blond hair, shity personalty will only bang you if u have money or famous or can make them famous. Oh sorry you ment the bike i would guess the only difference would be polution control devices and i am not even sure about that.

Maybe I should explain.

I'm looking to sell the 03. A interested party contacted me about the bike but he lives in CA. The bike is over the 7500 mile limit CARB has set for used vehicles being brought into CA, but I had to replace the odometer at 4947 miles. So the odometer only reads 4003 not the 8950 that is actually on the bike.

I like the fake boobs by the way!

Morning,

What are the differences between the V11 LeMans sold in California versus other states? I have an 03 and am curious.

Thanks,

Darryl

If I'm not mistaken, they're all 50-State legal.

The carbon canister is a CARB thing and comes on all the bikes.

Maybe I should explain.

I'm looking to sell the 03. A interested party contacted me about the bike but he lives in CA. The bike is over the 7500 mile limit CARB has set for used vehicles being brought into CA, but I had to replace the odometer at 4947 miles. So the odometer only reads 4003 not the 8950 that is actually on the bike.

I like the fake boobs by the way!

It's really easy to set the mileage to whatever you want it to be.

The cali ones have fake boobs blond hair, shity personalty will only bang you if u have money or famous or can make them famous.

Hee-hee! :lol::lol:

You know, it's just like that in New Jersey except for the fake boobs.

Incidently, some would say you and I are the two biggest boobs in the whole state, Brent.

Hee-hee! :lol::lol:

You know, it's just like that in New Jersey except for the fake boobs.

Incidently, some would say you and I are the two biggest boobs in the whole state, Brent.

I LIKE BOOBIES BIG A ROUND SMALL AND SOFT ALL SHAPE AND SIZES I LIKE BOOBIES

So it can be set to the true actual mileage of the bike. Would that cause any problems legal wise????

CA has a magic number of 7500 miles to determine whether or not a vehicle being registered counts as "new" or "used;" this is important for tax purposes as well as whether or not the vehicle is subject to all the smog restrictions then in effect, etc. In short, never try to register an out of state vehicle w/ less than 7500 miles on the odo in CA, it's just not worth the trouble...

As far as your question, my understanding from Dave Richardson is that all Guzzis from '97? forward were brought in as 50-state legal, probably because MGNA (& now Piaggio) didn't want to have to deal w/ keeping track of which bikes *could* go to which dealer, vs. "any dealer gets any bike we have, in whatever order." My guess is that this was fallout from having to deal w/ the 1100 Spot, which was a 49-state bike (& naturally, had it's biggest demand in CA! ;) )

On the V11s, you'll need to remove the hugger (rear fender) to reveal the EPA stickers on the swingarm. I have it on good authority they're all there, just effectively hidden.

The advantage to bringing in a 7500+ mile motorcycle is that they're irrelevant, all you have to do is get a CHP to sign off that all the standard smog equipment is there [on motorcycles, this amounts to the charcoal canister & stock exhaust cans] and the DMV can't say "boo." Supposedly. YMMV (& almost certainly will, any time the CA DMV gets involved. :rolleyes: )

Best o' luck!

:mg:

He's right, YMMV....

We had(have?) a fella here on the forum that bought a Rosso(or maybe it was a Nero, I forget) Corsa out of Louisiana a couple years ago, and brought it back home to California..... and he was really put through the ringer.

Typically once the 7500+ mile barrier is passed, the CA DMV will just stamp your paperwork and take your money.

But every so often you'll get someone that wants proof that the vehicle retains its factory emissions equipment, etc... and in the case of the MG product, they apparently have limited information on what that really constitutes. So again, they can choose to either just "stamp your passport and send you on your way" or really run you through the grinder.

The fella above had to get a letter from MGNA, and find a replacement swingarm emissions sticker to prove the bike was road legal. It seems that the prior owner had removed the hugger, and the sticker, as many of us have done since it is so attractive :rolleyes:

There really is no guaranteed process to avoid red-tape, but I would recommend getting the odometer fixed to reflect the correct mileage(a power drill comes to mind) or get a letter. But just avoid volunteering any more information than required, as that seems to just make things worse.... counter-intuitively <_>

As far as the actual equipment, I bought my LeMans in California, but it seemed apparent that all the bikes in North America had the same emissions gear. So if yours is intact, it shouldn't be a problem. But honestly, I'm not sure the CA DMV would know the difference between what equipment should or shouldn't be there(except maybe obvious additions like exhausts), and only seem to care if your "documentation"(the sticker) ... again, just to satisfy "red tape" ;)

Good luck!

Every experience is a new one with the CA DMV!

Al

Hey Guy's,

Thanks for all your help. The emissions sticker was right there under the hugger. The bike is stock so there shouldn''t be any problem.

Once again the V11 forum helps out.

Thanks again.

Darryl