Rear shock woes

Tim

Took the Guzzi to France last weekend for the Le Mans 24hr bike race. On the way noticed slight difference in rear end and a suspicious looking oil slick under the shock. By the time the return journey came all damping was lost and , while smooth roads were OK, any slighlty rough roads had me pogoing all over the place.

I assume the shock on my 2000 V11 is rebuildable - any advice or recommendations for rebuild v replacement and any recommendations for companies who do this sort of work - preferable in striking distance of west london.

As usual all thoughts, advice and suggstions welcomed

Tim

Took the Guzzi to France last weekend for the Le Mans 24hr bike race. On the way noticed slight difference in rear end and a suspicious looking oil slick under the shock. By the time the return journey came all damping was lost and , while smooth roads were OK, any slighlty rough roads had me pogoing all over the place.

I assume the shock on my 2000 V11 is rebuildable - any advice or recommendations for rebuild v replacement and any recommendations for companies who do this sort of work - preferable in striking distance of west london.

As usual all thoughts, advice and suggstions welcomed

Tim

Time to change it to a Wilbers. They'll spring it to your weight. You'll feel like you bought a new bike.

hi - answering my own question here - found a company who will rebuild the WP shock for just under £100 (service and regas). They are called K-Tech and are based in Leicestershire (UK). Just got to remove and post it to them. Looks fairly striaghtforward to remove and refit....

Thanks for the suggestion re the Wilbers but I can't afford to buy one