voltage regulator malfunction

oh my holy jamaican mambo

I am so stupid. After finishing work on my le mans I forgot to check the voltage regulator... It was just short 20km ride :( very funny :)

now. I guess regulator is dead. It gives 12.3V on free-run revs. 12.1V with light switched on. 12.7V in high revs... Am I correct?

What else can it be? Regulator is grounded correctly, all cables double checked...

yesterday should be 20°C, shinny... oh gosh

oh my holy jamaican mambo

I am so stupid. After finishing work on my le mans I forgot to check the voltage regulator... It was just short 20km ride :( very funny :)

now. I guess regulator is dead. It gives 12.3V on free-run revs. 12.1V with light switched on. 12.7V in high revs... Am I correct?

What else can it be? Regulator is grounded correctly, all cables double checked...

yesterday should be 20°C, shinny... oh gosh

ya regulator is gone allright ! Try motoelectics.com they have the upgrade that the factory is using as replacement and the stock. same thing just happend too me

What do you mean 2 phase? All alternators have 3 pos.and neg.(diodes) rectifiers that send neg.pulses to gnd. and pos.pulses to the regulator. The answer is yes,to the best of my knowledge. you need to check terminal number colors and location to be sure also.

I assume you don't have a MG dealer close?

What do you mean 2 phase? All alternators have 3 pos.and neg.(diodes) rectifiers that send neg.pulses to gnd. and pos.pulses to the regulator. The answer is yes,to the best of my knowledge. you need to check terminal number colors and location to be sure also.

I assume you don't have a MG dealer close?

I have dealer close... 3 times higher prices that equiv, arrogant and unwilling staff :(

I have spoked with ducati dealer (it should be the same). He said, old regulators uses two yellow cables (just like mine), new ones uses three of them. I just need to know if it is compatible. Should I wait for a week for regulator from Stein Dinse for almost 170€ or wait a decade for my dealer. Ducati has these in stock...

Slavomir

In Germany, at "Bike affairs" in Bredenbeck, there is a voltage regulator available at € 82.-

This works very well and is applicable on every bike with 2 yellow cables coming out of the alternator. You just need to crimp on some connectors - it is not plug and play as the stock regulator is. I used it successfully in a Guzzi Quota and a KTM and should the regulator in my V11 fail I will use it again. Additionally there is a little trim screw on this regulator to fine tune the max tension of the alternator.

Friend borrowed me his "sometimes overcharging regulator" from V11 '00. On freerun revs with lights switched on it gives 12,3V... After all day run (600km :rolleyes: Oh god how much I've missed my bike) battery is fully charged on 12,85V. On 3krpm the regulator gives 13,65V with lights switched on or off. BUT Even that it is working, The red warning light goes on... Usually in low rpms... Where is the hidden dog?

Cables checked

Regulator replaced for working one

Alternator checked

what else can it be?

What year is your Le Mans?

How did you check cables and alternator?

Check alternator using instructions in manual.

Look for voltage drop between various points, battery, 30A fuse, regulator output, etc. The reference wires that go to charging system warning light are a little trickier to diagnose.

What year is your Le Mans?

How did you check cables and alternator?

Check alternator using instructions in manual.

Look for voltage drop between various points, battery, 30A fuse, regulator output, etc. The reference wires that go to charging system warning light are a little trickier to diagnose.

I see,

I had dismounted all engine. Alternator was checked visually for any kind of error or damage after crash. Cables are not damaged, torn or rotten. Connectors are clear. Will better do it again. I will also install a permanent voltage meter to my cockpit to see what it is doing during ride.