chain tensioner

Guest eddy

Guest ratchethack

No adjustment possible, it's spring loaded.

Some, meself included, have arrived at the conclusion that the spring (and in fact the whole design) is inadequate, resulting in off-throttle signal scatter and dropped ignition signals, and have replaced the stock device with a Valtek tensioner. See recent thread on the subject with before and after photo's here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13214

Ganzo (aka Kurt), local fabricatore extraordinaire (see his thread on the subject at link below) has made up his own tensioner from scratch, see informative how-to, photo's, and discussion here: :luigi:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13054

Ratch, I cannot believe you have not had the timing light hooked back up for confirmation! I would think you would get great satisfaction seeing those marks hold tight.

Guest ratchethack

Pretty lame, ain't it? :blush: Fact is, the great satisfaction has already been had and enjoyed for many moons. I've always held that the proof is in the riding. As long as it's running perfectly, somehow I'm less apt to be curious about stuff like this. It'll get it done soon's I find that freakin' Round Tuit. . . :whistle:

Pretty lame, ain't it? :blush: Fact is, the great satisfaction has already been had and enjoyed for many moons. I've always held that the proof is in the riding. As long as it's running perfectly, somehow I'm less apt to be curious about stuff like this. It'll get it done soon's I find that freakin' Round Tuit. . . :whistle:

I wouldn't let anybody else say that about you. I was thinking this would be a good diagnostic to watch as an indication that the tensioner is due for replacement.

Otherwise I could fall into replacing it every time someone posts a new improved version. Like I've done with my collection of relays.

I wouldn't let anybody else say that about you. I was thinking this would be a good diagnostic to watch as an indication that the tensioner is due for replacement.

Otherwise I could fall into replacing it every time someone posts a new improved version. Like I've done with my collection of relays.

And have you ever had any relays go since replacing the originals? If not then the replacement has definitely stopped the problem!! :D:P

And have you ever had any relays go since replacing the originals? If not then the replacement has definitely stopped the problem!! :D:P

Before I had had my Sport long, the dealer sent me a 'bigger' Siemens for the starter slot. Then the word was out to upgrade to the Bosch through Dan Pruneske. This was real good stuff and good on Dan.

Later, the GEI became the 'thing' and I had to have them. I was struck and surprised when two of the failed and the Bosch saved me. (Sure, perhaps my connections and regulator are to blame).

While I wired my headlamps hot from the battery to two separate 30 amp relays (thinking this was infallible), I was shocked when one of the relays failed leaving my lo-beam cold. I thought it was the PIAA bulb , but lit it again with the OMRON relay.

Now I'm running OMRON on all but but horn circuits (which are Bosch). I plan to swap those to OMRON when the tank is off next. I really do trust the work RYLAND has done to determine what really is best.

The tale of many relays . . .