5.5" rear wheel for V11 Sport

toknee

Looking at wheel options.

I have searched for 5.5" LeMans rear wheel for my V11 sport, and have had no luck. Anybody know where to source these?

I am really interested in the Alpina wheels that Rosspuro sells, but investigating other options out there.

I know OZ, PVM make nice wheels for the V11, but through previous threads I have searched, they look like a discontinued item.

For those who bought aftermarket wheels for your V11, can you post up info?

Thanks

If you change the wheel on your first-gen Sport, you are likely going to change the 'quick' handling characteristics you like so much.

It has been bemoaned here by many that Aprilia went to the wider wheel starting in 2002 just for aesthetics, as along with the changed frame geometry(longer), the wider wheel slowed steering response according to many.

In fact, many here have thought about fitting the narrower wheel, or have looked for tires with profiles that help offset the change. I've heard that the Pirellis tend to help get the 02+ bikes closer to the same flickability as the earlier bikes.

I personally would not change the rear wheel width.

If you do get an aftermarket wheel, look for one with an integrated/included cush-drive. Some do not, and for the street, that probably isn't a good option.

I *think*(if my memory serves) that PVM did include a cush-drive.

Good luck, and glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. It's also been very interesting to hear your comparisons with the other types of bikes you've ridden for years.

Al

On the reverse side of this topic...I have an earlier (narrow) V11 rear wheel that I'll swap for the wider V11 rear wheel.

Or, will swap for a V11 front wheel.

Or....for a carbon fiber rear hugger!