Clip on adjustments

mdude

I'd like to adjust the clipons more foreward, and I just wonder if the securing bolts on them does anything other than providing politically correct security?

Because in the position I want the clipons the safety bolts have to go. Did that make sense?

Just try it. If you brake hard and nothing happens you don't need them. AND... there is no yellow warning sticker that sais you can't loosen the bolts. If it goes wrong you can sew MG for a new Stelvio!

I've had my 'safety bolts' out almost since day one (55,000 miles). It is helpful when you torque the pinch bolts to do them up in stages. If you tighten on and then the other, the first will likely need a little snugging up.

Guest ratchethack

IMHO the vertical bolts running up into the top triple clamp are only there to locate the bars by providing quick and easy symmetrical angles for the bars -- not for structural strength. If the two pinch-bolts in the clamps aren't strong enough, then the ones holding the fork together aren't either. :o

Guest ONETHUMPER

You know that by moving them from spec you will be puting weight forward. May need new fork springs to maintain the correct sag. I went with the 54mm vortex and do like the riding position. The vortex does not have the bolt.

Just try it. If you brake hard and nothing happens you don't need them. AND... there is no yellow warning sticker that sais you can't loosen the bolts. If it goes wrong you can sew MG for a new Stelvio!

but man, I dont WANT a Salivio..... urrrgh....

and theres considerably more weight on the bottom of me than at the top, so more weight on the front could only be a good thing...

You know that by moving them from spec you will be puting weight forward. May need new fork springs to maintain the correct sag. I went with the 54mm vortex and do like the riding position. The vortex does not have the bolt.

??? :o New fork springs when adjusting the clip ons??

Steve