Good things in BIG packages

i'll bite, is it 3 or 6 ?

It's the 1956 Guzzi V8-500 GP bike. Guzzi retired from GP in the year I was born, 1957. That engine would NEVER of gone into production for a road bike. While it was a wonderful piece of engineering the Honda 250-6 of only seven years later is a true 'Tour de Force' and a much more spectacular and iteresting motorbike. it's a lot pretier too :grin: . That should stir up a hornets nest.....

Pete

It's the 1956 Guzzi V8-500 GP bike. Guzzi retired from GP in the year I was born, 1957. That engine would NEVER of gone into production for a road bike. While it was a wonderful piece of engineering the Honda 250-6 of only seven years later is a true 'Tour de Force' and a much more spectacular and iteresting motorbike. it's a lot pretier too :grin: . That should stir up a hornets nest.....

Pete

I'll bite, youre talking about 7 years later, A LOT can happen/change in I mean hell 7 years ago from today Guzzi was still Guzzi not Aprilia then Piaggio Guzzi and the lists are endless, now if you had said a year or two sure but that Guzzi V8 was rediculous and youre off by 2 years so really you're talking about a decade, in 10 years you could take a bone stock GSXR with some pipes on it and go back 10 years and race it in moto GP

"The V8’s development was plagued with trouble at first. The V8 was first ridden at the 1954 Belgian Grand Prix by Aussie rider Ken Kavanagh but it soon suffered a crankshaft failure. The bike didn’t appear again until 1956 when Kev again rode the machine, this time at the Coppa d’Oro race. He soon retired with bearing trouble. Bill Lomas and Kev Kavanagh rode V8s at the Dutch Grand Prix in 1956 and after making the fastest lap they both retired. And so the sad story went on. Little things such as water hoses let the machine down."

"V8 was able to achieve remarkable speeds for the technology of its time, reaching 187 mph at the MIRA test track in France. Whist still under development it was clocked at an incredible 178mph at the Belgian GP in 1957"

I mean GOOD GOD my 2008 RSVR superbike can't go THAT fast and really thats on par with the top speed of say a gixxer or ninja and that was 53 years ago!!!!!!! :o

Guest frankdugo

so,if the italians did not stop raceing in 57 the r&d would have continued & agusta or guzzi put out a bike t hat did 200 mph in 62 .that 's a picture of granpa

you could take a bone stock GSXR with some pipes on it and go back 10 years

I thought only a DeLorean could do that.