RIDICULOUS helmet deal!

FYI --

While tramping about ebay earlier this week, came across a too-good-to-pass-up deal on Caberg full face helmets. SeeMS the American distributor wasn't getting the job done -- so Caberg pulled the plug on them.

An Ohio company (Iron Pony) bought all their product, and is now selling these helmets (which I only see at the local BMW dealer when I drop by to gently touch the K bikes) at $99.00 apiece.

Got one. Fit and finish is superb -- and the internal sun shade is a blessing to my green, hyper-light-sensitive eyes.

Just go to ebay and put in "Caberg." At this price, I think I'll buy a few extras and store them for future use.

Happy shopping...

v50

Just go to ebay and put in "Caberg." At this price, I think I'll buy a few extras and store them for future use.

Nuts! They're the standard FF helmets; I saw "Caberg" & thought "modular" which explains my disappointment. Thanks for the heads up, but for those of us who haven't scraped up the dosh & sprung for LASIK yet, it's gotta be modular to fit over the glasses (carbonates? ;))

Still a smokin' deal. I may pick one up on spec against the possibility of my being able to get my eyes lasered in the next year or two... B)

I wear glasses, too. Nolan flip-up is my main helmet.

But, for $100 -- c'mon!

Flip down sunshade eliminates need for two pair of glasses.

$100!! Sheesh...

Thanks for the tip. Any comments on how they fit? I'm not in the market but a buddy of mine might be. I found my Shoei RF1000 fits my noggin very much like my HJC did, whereas a lot of other popular helmets were uncomfortable.

Can you compare Caberg fit to any other popular helmets?

I tried on a Caberg at the cycle world bike show in January. I didnt like the way it fit my head, but it sure had a lot of cool stuff like the inner shade. I"m not saying the Caberg isnt a good helmet...I didnt care for the Arai either, & those are generally thought of as a good helmet. After a year of ownership my Shoei Multitec still works well for me. Fwiw $100 is a hell of a good deal for the top shelf Caberg, I think the retail was $300 at the bike show.

They fit exactly like a Nolan. My guess is they come from the same factory in ITA...

Thanks for the tip. Any comments on how they fit? I'm not in the market but a buddy of mine might be. I found my Shoei RF1000 fits my noggin very much like my HJC did, whereas a lot of other popular helmets were uncomfortable.

Can you compare Caberg fit to any other popular helmets?

I wear glasses, too. Nolan flip-up is my main helmet.

But, for $100 -- c'mon!

Flip down sunshade eliminates need for two pair of glasses.

$100!! Sheesh...

True, true... but I already *have* the custom polarized prescription sunglasses [Carrera frames even, woohoo! I was quite suprised when they were covered by VSP ;)]

OTOH, I spent $100 on my 1st (p.o.s. "Zeus") flip-up, and have never looked back. My current skid-lid is a Nolan N100E [bought just before they brought out their own flip shade :doh:] & I'm not too happy w/ it, even tho' their quality is far superior to the Zeus I replaced with the Nolan. (no surprise!)

You're right, this is a fab deal on the Caberg, & I do like the idea of being able to switch from shade to full sun w/o having to pull off & swap glasses, I just hate giving up the "wear it into the store" convenience of a flip-up! :D

Thanks again for the tip!

:thumbsup:

yeah I got a huge melon with ears sticking out, its like sputnik round but pointy in places, I can only really wear the flip-ups for comfort and I mainly stick to nolans with the nice flip down shades, I did hear that shoei? was it makes a flip up thats quieter, damn I forgot who it was I think it was shoei anyone know what I'm talking about my new nolan is quieter than my old nolan but still loud as hell.

Schuberth c2 is the quietest flip lid I tried one in the shop and couldnt hear my wife talking next to me and I was shouting back :lol: but also the most expensive at between £280- £350 Shoei multitec is also supposed to be good but not as quiet £290

yeah I got a huge melon with ears sticking out, its like sputnik round but pointy in places, I can only really wear the flip-ups for comfort and I mainly stick to nolans with the nice flip down shades, I did hear that shoei? was it makes a flip up thats quieter, damn I forgot who it was I think it was shoei anyone know what I'm talking about my new nolan is quieter than my old nolan but still loud as hell.
You probably remember me talking about my Shoei Multitec Ben. Its the new Shoei flip up.

do you think a schuberth or shoei would fit my head better as the nolan is about spot on and the suomy guzzi flip up I have is a little off but still pretty good, a LOT lighter than the nolan but also a lot louder too. I just want a nice quiet flip up lid for my huuuuge melon, thinking schuberth :huh2:

The schubert is light 1.7kg the shoei lighter 1.5kg. Asfar as fitting you will only know by trying it on. I think it mat be a little rounder than my caberg as there seems a little more pressure on the forehead. I have a dealer fairly local so easy to try on but his are priced to high, there are a couple of internet dealers in uk who will collect lid for free if size doesent suit, others dont so best check if buying onlie wthout trying.

Getting a schuberh for my wife soon, I would love one also but £600 is a big chunk of cash in one go.

FYI --

While tramping about ebay earlier this week, came across a too-good-to-pass-up deal on Caberg full face helmets. SeeMS the American distributor wasn't getting the job done -- so Caberg pulled the plug on them.

An Ohio company (Iron Pony) bought all their product, and is now selling these helmets (which I only see at the local BMW dealer when I drop by to gently touch the K bikes) at $99.00 apiece.

Got one. Fit and finish is superb -- and the internal sun shade is a blessing to my green, hyper-light-sensitive eyes.

Happy shopping...

v50

Iron Pony has replacement visors for the Caberg 104 Solo on ebay for $28.00 shipped. It's item 370048405660.

• 1 month later...