power commander

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

Well after 3 moths 3 new maps from Hare racing and 4 mapping changes by Todd Eagan from Guzzi tech I have a rideable Lemans. My engine stalling,crappy idle, poor mileage, hiccuping and lastly the pinging( courtesy of Todd) have been finally resolved. I actually got 40MPG during mixed hiway and canyon running( during the hot weather), sheer ectasy.

Just wanted to thank Todd Eagan (for all his expertise and kindness) and the folks at Hare Racing (paticualrly Fred the tech) for all their patience and work. It's incredible how satisfying these bikes are when set up properly.Once again thanks and to all you Guzziphiles in need of aid check out Todd. A very satisfied Guzzi owner. :helmet::D

Very interesting... can you fill us in a bit more on what you all found was the primary issue with your state-of-tune and/or the map that finally made it all run better once resolved?

That might help others track down similar issues.

Also, can you list the modifications/accessories your bike has... exhaust, x-over, intake, etc?? That helps too.

Glad to hear it's all better now :thumbsup:

thx!

al

Guest Jay Mack

:o Do Lemans owners generally have these sorts of problems?

Maybe it's just associated with the Power Commander. Would a Techlusion box have solved the problems more readily?

Guest callithrix

Extremely lean running was the primary problem and some vavle adjustment.Bike ultimately mapped at 12.9/12.9. What's a Techlusion box?

Mods

2002 lemans

Ferracci pipes and intake kit

Stucchi x-over

magnecor wires

raceco valve specs

I suspect the RaceCo valve specs made the big and final difference??

That was the fix for mine after months of shop time, home tinkering, and custom mapping... after the valves were re-adjusted, I think the bike would run fine with the PowerCommander mapped for a Suzuki and one cylinder off-line :lol:

Before that, it wouldn't hardly idle at all....

Honestly, with mine, all the missing, stumbling.... everything was fixed instantly once I loosened up the valves.

Glad to hear you've got it running well :thumbsup:

al

The Tech(nical-Il)lusion box can only richen (even a BONE stock bikes needs fuel pulled from the table)... and you also have to hack into the stock wiring harness to make it work. On top of this, the "richening" adjustments are done only by screw type potentiometers, so it is no where near as precise of "mapping" as the PCIII table is. On top of all this, it does not have the ability to be "mapped" using anything remotely similar to Dynojet's Tuning Link Software.

Those few whom I've helped via e-mail on map corrections would be SOL.

My other $.02 on all of this is here;

PCIII Black Box Magic

Enjoy,

Todd@GuzziTech.com

'Certified PCIII Tech'

GuzziTech.com

...so any news on your "timing" adjustment tricks you worked out for the V11, sans PCIII a few weeks back? Are you going to write that up on Guzzitech?

And any news on PC adding the "r" function to the PCIIIusb?

Al, I'll post words to the Tech page on timing mods outside the PCIII, yes.

I'm still working on Dynojet for a timing module.

More soon,

Todd

Well after 3 moths 3 new maps from Hare racing and 4 mapping changes by Todd Eagan from Guzzi tech I have a rideable  Lemans. My engine stalling,crappy idle, poor mileage, hiccuping and lastly the pinging fix (courtesy of Todd) have been finally resolved. I actually got 40MPG during mixed hiway and canyon running( during the hot weather), sheer ectasy.

Just wanted to thank Todd Eagan (for all his expertise and kindness) and the folks at Hare Racing (paticualrly Fred the tech) for all their patience and work. Once again thanks and to all you Guzziphiles in need of aid check out Todd. A very satisfied Guzzi owner.

callithrix,

Glad to be of help, and really appreciate the plug. Anytime.

My only real re-payment is the few bucks I make by selling these PCIII's direct;

GuzziTech.com PCIII's

Pardon the spam,

Todd@GuzziTech.com

GuzziTech.com