Ever used an international bike shipper (UK to NZ) ?

Molly

Shipping my bike to NZ in a few months. Not sure who to trust with it so wondered if any of you have ever used an international shipper you'd be happy to recommend?

Shipping my bike to NZ in a few months. Not sure who to trust with it so wondered if any of you have ever used an international shipper you'd be happy to recommend?

ForwardAir? No personal experience, but about the only one that comes to mind. I believe KLM? or Lufthansa? once offered motorcycle shipping services from the U.S. to Europe as mentioned in some old books on how to see EU by motorcycle, but I don't know if they go to NZ or if they even offer that service anymore in this post 9/11 world... :huh2:

ForwardAir? No personal experience, but about the only one that comes to mind. I believe KLM? or Lufthansa? once offered motorcycle shipping services from the U.S. to Europe as mentioned in some old books on how to see EU by motorcycle, but I don't know if they go to NZ or if they even offer that service anymore in this post 9/11 world... :huh2:

Thanks for that but it'll have to go by sea as air is too costly.

Cheers though.

when I shipped my bikes from Holland to OZ I picked up a steel motorcycle crate from a local dealer (they come delivered in that from Japan)

We shared a container with some friends, but you can purchase container space per m3 quite easily. It takes a bit more input from yourself as in dropping off and picking up and some paperwork but I believe the money saved is definitely worth it. A m3 container space holland-oz turned out to be about 200 euro if I remember correctly...

Good luck

Ciao

jasper

I sent my Skyline out to NZ last year - used Planetwide (01268-530600). The car arrived safe and sound - no problems. Are you thinking of bringing your bike back to UK in the future? I ask because there are some significant HMRC regulations regarding export and import which you need to be aware of :huh: Email me off-forum if you want more info.

Regards,

Robin

I sent my Skyline out to NZ last year - used Planetwide (01268-530600). The car arrived safe and sound - no problems. Are you thinking of bringing your bike back to UK in the future? I ask because there are some significant HMRC regulations regarding export and import which you need to be aware of :huh: Email me off-forum if you want more info.

Regards,

Robin

Thanks everyone. It's a one-way move (I hope). I'll follow up on your advice.

All the best.

Brian