Greasing Rear Brake and Clutch Pivots

tmcafe

This must be a dumb q, so my apologies in advance. I'm looking at greasing a couple spots mentioned here that aren't in Luigi's manual :luigi: , you know, the rear brake pedal and clutch.

Here's where I'm a bit confused:

Brake: is it the rear brake pivot as usual? (protect from rust, easy return of pedal). If so, since there's no grease fitting, pivot would need to be removed. Anything to watch for?

Clutch: some have mentioned the splined actuator. If that's the case, Greg said to leave it alone, so I won't touch it. If it's just the clutch pedal pivot, same: removal, what to watch for.

Thanks! :bier:

Guest ratchethack

TMC, proper sevice of the brake pedal involves removal, cleaning, and grease. Pretty straightforward.

The splines often referred to with regard to the clutch are on the gearbox input shaft. You won't be concerned about lubing this unless you have the gearbox separated from the motor.

You might consider lubing and adjusting the end float of the shift lever shaft whilst you're at it. It's equally straightforward, but (at least in my case) it was DRY from Mandello. <_< In my case, lubing and adjusting it the first time made a noticeable improvement. :luigi:

TMC, proper sevice of the brake pedal involves removal, cleaning, and grease. Pretty straightforward.

The splines often referred to with regard to the clutch are on the gearbox input shaft. You won't be concerned about lubing this unless you have the gearbox separated from the motor.

You might consider lubing and adjusting the end float of the shift lever shaft whilst you're at it. It's equally straightforward, but (at least in my case) it was DRY from Mandello. <_ in my case lubing and adjusting it the first time made a noticeable improvement. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_luigi.gif" alt=":luigi:">

¡Muchas gracias, Sr. RH! Will do as advised. Clutch pedal has a big (10?) long Allen bolt--which must be where Tracy Martin (guzzitech) installed a zerk for greasing with a grease gun and bolt removal.