Warranty "deal"

Guest Brian Robson

Guest Brian Robson

I wrote before that I would be taking Moto Guzzi up on their offer of the Gran Raid suit as settlement for the bubbling paint. I received the jacket today, and if you are looking for a high quality suit I would highly recommend it.

Beautifully made, obviously designed by a rider, in comparison to my Triumph jacket, and meant to fit when riding the bike.

As for sizing; I am 6' 0" tall and weigh 180lbs and an extra large is the right size.

I continue to live with bubbling paint and a bike that has gone 25,000 Km in 7 months, requiring only oil changes and tyres. I guess it makes me a fortunate rider in comparison to some of the issues, but I really like the LeMans.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest marcialc

The Grandraid jacket is nice...however, I do have some issues with the pants.

1. the velcro strap at the heel is located in a bad position. It can tear from catching on the footpeg.

2. the stitching will tear in a crash (personally tested :homer: ) The knee pads worked fine, however, when the stiching tore apart it exposed my knee to the road, resulting in a case of road rash.

The jacket worked perfectly and survived the crash without a problem :thumbsup: but be careful with the zipper. Someone at the national guzzi rally in Seattle had to replace the entire zipper because of a failure...and he had riden cross country to get to the rally :blink:

BTW, does anyone have experience with the engine case replacement? Any personal experiences/opinions would be appreciated. thnks. :drink:

Guest carlomoto

I got approval from MGUSA for my bike's crankcase to be recoated. I think I'm going to schedule for February or March. I'm optimistic, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, too.