white knob

Guest Petev11

Guest Petev11

will the throttle body out of wack cause the bike to cough and back fire threw the air box ,when idleing and rolling off the throttle? and will reseting the tb take care of all that? and did me driveing it an hour like that cause more damage

will the throttle body out of wack cause the bike to cough and back fire threw the air box ,when idleing and rolling off the throttle? and will reseting the tb take care of all that? and did me driveing it an hour like that cause more damage

No/Yes - No/Yes - No

hUBeRT

Pete, that whole tune-up procedure will be well worth your effort. Be certain the backfire did not push one of the throttle body rubber intakes loose.

Hi Pete,

My bike had the same symptoms and I tried to "fix it" by turning the the TB balance knob.Wrong! Made it worse.

It was a cracked TB boot,which may be your problem.Also any exhaust leak could cause this.If not, a full tune-up procedure would be in order.

Check adjust valves.

Balance FI's

Adjust TPS

If you haven't done it before it's realitivly easy with a few basic tools.

Lot's of info and help here if you choose to do it.

As others have said I would say you have an air leak from a loose or split intake rubber, mine did the same with mega backfires when an intake popped out on my first ever ride !

At one point I had a loose boot and the bike was really acting up because of it. It wasn't cracked, but the clamp wasn't very secure and the bike was popping, backfiring and just running like cr*p in general. As if it weren't running lean enough already, but this was before I sorted out my injection woes.