Scotland trip - tips?

KiloSjon

My yearly trip across Europe is due next week. This year it'll be Scotland (unfortunately during the international guzzi meeting in Boxmeer, like last year...)

The plan is to take the ferry to Newcastle, drive to Inverness and do some touring/sightseeing there for a couple of days. Then via a detour to Edingburgh and a day later back to Newcastle - Ijmuiden.

Any tips? Good B&Bs / sights to see / whisky to drink / pubs to visit / roads to corner / etc etc ? Anything will be appreciated, since the starting up of my new company has taken all my energy and attention the last months, so did not have any time to do research and look into it... (and visit / post the V11 forum... :( )

Thx, KiloSjon

Anton and I were there a few weeks ago for 10 days.

We started in Edinburgh, from there to Glencoe, then to Ullapool, to Isle of Skye (gorgeous!) and then further south to Galloway (Scottish V11 rally)

One road you just have to do is from Ft. William to Stirling (A85 / A82) through Glencoe or vice versa. Amazing!

Have fun!

I'm sure others will have some more detailed information!

I've only been once and that was for 2 and a half days.

I very much enjoyed the ride to the Isle of Skye and I remember the road along the north shore of Loch Ness was very entertaining :bike:

We've just returned from a 7-days tour through Scotland. Enjoyed it very much! West coast is the best. Hostels are good and cheaper than b&b. One day rain, six days of sun, couldn't been better. You're welcome for koffie, Amersfoort is just around the corner.

Geert Jan

• 2 weeks later...