how many

Guest Petev11

Guest Petev11

does anybody know how many v11 lemans's were sold in canada in 2003 and can i get engine bolts for it yet. a few vibrated out on my bike

There were less dealers with MG back then, only 6 or 7 in entire country. Think British Italian was the biggest selling dealer in sales, and I think 10 spine frames went through each yr average.

Depending on which bolts you may need? There are metric fastener places in most major cities [Vancouver has Fuller Metric] where you can literally get anything you need. Or you can go to the dealer and help Luigi keep his job back in Mandello.

Steve

Guest Petev11
There were less dealers with MG back then, only 6 or 7 in entire country. Think British Italian was the biggest selling dealer in sales, and I think 10 spine frames went through each yr average.

Depending on which bolts you may need? There are metric fastener places in most major cities [Vancouver has Fuller Metric] where you can literally get anything you need. Or you can go to the dealer and help Luigi keep his job back in Mandello.

Steve

Thanks for the info! What are spine frames?I am not up to date on my mg lingo. lol

The bolt I am missing is just in front of the kick stand mounting bolt. It is the furthest bolt north on the bottom of the motor. Is this a big deal to be missing this bolt? I can't tell what this bolt is supposed to be supporting. Think it is safe to drive until I can get my hands on a bolt?

I have circled the missing bolt in red. Hope it comes through large enough for you to see. THanks

post-6432-1213671093_thumb.jpg

Doesn't that bolt hold the front portion of the side stand bracket to the engine case? It also appears to help locate the switch.

Is your switch working OK? (Bike shuts off if the side stand is put down while in gear)

This is a standard hex drive fastener. A little blue LocTite is probably a good idea.

Pete, the "Spine Frame" Guzzi have a rectangular box frame that runs from the steering head between the cylinders to a cross member between the side plates that mount the swingarm. Earlier Guzzi frames used more conventional tubes that surrounded the engine on both sides. In spine frames, the engine and gearbox are 'stressed members' and part of the structure (not "cradled" by frame tubes).

Spine frame Guzzis started with the Daytona (1991-98), continued with the Sport1100/1100 Sport (94-98),the Centauro (96-??), and the V11(Sport and LeMans variants, 1999-2004). Hmm, I suppose also the MGS01?

IMG_3698.jpg

My parts catalogue or my 03 V11 does not show the bolt or hole for the bolt. Maybe someone will have it and can remove it and give you the bolt dimension.

MGs have three (basically) different frames. #1 the loop frame. V7, Ambassador, El Dorado, Convert,etc. ,anything with a generator. #2 the Tonti frame. LM I,II,III,IV, I guess the 850T, T3, etc. anything with an alternator. #3 the spine frame. If you look at it it looks like a human spine.Framework hanging down loks like a ribcage. Your bike is a "spine frame".

Guest Petev11
Doesn't that bolt hold the front portion of the side stand bracket to the engine case? It also appears to help locate the switch.

Is your switch working OK? (Bike shuts off if the side stand is put down while in gear)

This is a standard hex drive fastener. A little blue LocTite is probably a good idea.

Pete, the "Spine Frame" Guzzi have a rectangular box frame that runs from the steering head between the cylinders to a cross member between the side plates that mount the swingarm. Earlier Guzzi frames used more conventional tubes that surrounded the engine on both sides. In spine frames, the engine and gearbox are 'stressed members' and part of the structure (not "cradled" by frame tubes).

Spine frame Guzzis started with the Daytona (1991-98), continued with the Sport1100/1100 Sport (94-98),the Centauro (96-??), and the V11(Sport and LeMans variants, 1999-2004). Hmm, I suppose also the MGS01?

IMG_3698.jpg

Thanks for the info. To be honest, I dont' know if the switch is ok or not. I only have had the bike a few weeks and most of that time it has been in the shop getting a tune up. I will check it out for sure.

Did you happen to know what size of bolt is needed for that? I will call the shop where my bike is and see what they can do for me.

Is it safe to ride like that? Will it damage the side stand? Thanks again, you all are a big help

If the side stand switch doesn't shut the bike off with the stand down while in gear, it could be unsafe to ride as you could ride away with the stand down only to find out in the next left hand turn. :o

Otherwise, it could be bad to leave the bike on the stand and find the bracket eventually break from the stress and leave your bike on the ground.

This is on a 2000.

IMG_5184.jpg