Thankfully I live in Europe
Interesting you should mention that. European intolerance was what drove the first colonists to the new world. Nice to see that historic repression lives on.

That said, many of the first arrivals were as fanatical as those who drove them from Europe. Your inquisition ... our witch trials.

Thanks jihem for posting the trailer. v50man, I hope you get that distribution deal. I'll be looking forward to the movie. Having survived the excess of the 60's, I think this look at the under belly of the contemporary bible belt will be fascinating and instructive. Take sex, booze, drugs, rock and roll - then overlay it with a fundamentalism as radical as anything found this side of mullah land, and I'm not surprised to find "Rebel Scum" trying to make sense of it all, and going up in flames in the process.

nteresting you should mention that. European intolerance was what drove the first colonists to the new world

Classic line from somebody that belives they live in the free world.

Classic line from somebody that belives they live in the free world.
Dude ... don't get yer' kilt all in knots. Put a cork in that bagpipe. Please! :rolleyes:

Don't know that I ever mentioned what world I thought I lived in. I do try to keep my little corner of it as non-judgmental as I can.

Except for bagpipes. I've just never been able to warm up to the sound of bagpipes. :)

138437.JPG

OMG ! I was reading Pierre's posts here and saw this picture and thougt for a milli-second it was a picture of Dany Pedrosa leathers :)

...a picture of Dany Pedrosa leathers :)
No THAT'S funny.

speaking of Pedrosa - Q 3rd row - behind Spies AND ANT WEST! Nice to see West start getting that Kaw sorted. I'm thinkin' Hopper is wishing he'd never left Suzuki.

Stoner and Vermeulen on front row - couple of very accomplished mudders so no surprise there. Rossi front row as well, of course - just because he's Rossi.

Nickey on second row - guess he likes the pneumatic ... but then what red blooded American boy doesn't like 'em pneumatic! ;)

Is Donnington supposed to be wet tomorrow? Or is that a "does a bear shit in the woods" kind of question?

wasn't this topic about a movie? And now I see people falling over each others politics and other stupid things. I understand that this is a documentary about a rockband. And the subculture they live in. Or am I wrong and is it a more political thing? I worked in the eighties in a club and have seen a lot bands, also a lot from the usa.

Guest frankdugo

when i first saw this topic,thought it was shameless self-promotion. was just going to skip it with no yea or nae.don't know if the world i live in is free or not,but mom told me if you ain't got something nice to say--don't say anything at all.i don't get kicks stomping other peoples dreams.

I find it very disturbing that when passing an opinion I have opened myself up to all sorts of abuse. I do notice most of the comments come from San Diego is there something in the air there or are you just a self opinionated bunch of yankees. Please stop the insults that is not what this board is about although dlaing and ratchet seem to think so. Thank goodness ratchet has been staying away lets hope dlaing follows his example.

Guest scumgod13
Worse than that! He is acting as a barrier to Christopher Scum's "artistic expression"!!! :lol:

Perhaps MacGuzzi is one of them redneck ignoramus bible thumpers who doesn't understand ART?

I don't think so, but maybe Christopher Scum is a redneck ignoramus bible dis-respector who doesn't understand ART?

:not:

I loved the quote

I think it could be a fun film, but I don't think I'll be buying any Rebel Scum recordings.

The Bands name is The Dirty Works

BIBLE BELT

went to jail again

last Saturday night

as soon as I got in

I got in a fight

our rock n roll

they don't get it here

they think we're Satan

They call us Queer

Living in the BIBLE BELT/ No Way/there's no way that we'll win

Living in the BIBLE BELT/ When everything we do is a sin