Our Fuel Pump

al_roethlisberger

I'm not 100% certain, but while browsing around looking for an external(not attached to the tank) fuel pressure regulator, I came across the following:

Redline Weber Fuel Pumps and Regulators

It appears that the fuel pump 99009-152 is our pump :thumbsup:

So, just an interesting cross-reference.

al

Dang! It is good for up to 500HP! I'd better start building up my engine.

You'd think we could have used a lower powered version and then had enough power for fog lights!

Maybe a resistor could be dropped in line??

And then we would not blow so many relays!!!!(maybe not)

FWIW I think Al found the right part. Damn good searching! Al is the Google Master!!!

I think the flow and pressure numbers are correct and it sure looks like our pump.

Odd that they give the intake dimension but not the outlet dimension.

15mm sounds about right on the intake and 8mm would probably be right for the outlet.

I like the blue anodized regulators.

Damn, that's good research. -_- But how did you come to the conclusion that it's *that* particular pump?

Cheers,

Jason

Because I've held the heart of my engine in my bare hands.... soooooo many times, I'd recognize it's ugly mug anywhere :P

The rubber surround is a give-away as well ^_^

If it's not the same pump, it's a freakin' twin :lol: And I Marelli and Weber have often cooperated.

Keep in mind, I'm not 100% certain, but if the photo is correct for that part number, I don't see how it couldn't be our pump. Honestly.

al

B) ...well I don't know about that! Now if I had access to all the cool fab tools like Rich, Paul, and Mike... like a lathe or CNC machine... then I'd be having some fun! :blush:

But back on topic, *if* this is the correct pump, the price from Performance Parts Warehouse is ~$145. I don't know how that compares to sourcing it directly from Guzzi, but I do know that a "low pressure" fuel-pump I had to get from Yamaha for my '89 FJ1200 was well over $200. So it sounds like a good deal to me :huh2:

Anyway, just file this away.... in the event that one day someone needs a new pump :thumbsup: If it's not this specific model, it's one of its siblings :P

al