NO WHIRRR!

Guest gooddog

Ray,

Try pulling the seat off and wiggling all the relays on the right rear subframe. While you're there check all the fuses on the left. Next check the tightness of the battery connections as a little looseness there seems to confuse the ECU.

Have you changed relays to the more reliable Bosch units?

Best of luck! :bier:

That does sound like a relay problem. I had the same thing happen...in the dealer parking lot right after the 600 mile service :lol: I got all new relays in about 30 seconds.

If wriggling them doesn't help, then swap them one for one (first and last, second and last, third and last, etc) to test if one of them has died.

Cheers,

Jason

My LeMans has been haunting me with this behavior for several months now. I've upgraded the relays, and it still occurs intermittantly, sometimes even when I'm riding (and when it happens while I'm in the left lane on a busy SoCal freeway, I occasionally see my life flash before my eyes). Lately it takes more wiggling than before to get it restarted, so I thought I might have a bad connection or a short somewhere; but I've been hearing that it's a pretty common problem with these bikes. Anyone out there try to get this fixed under warranty, and if so, what were the results?

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS, I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE THE RELAYS, BUT DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO MESS WITH IT BEFORE SHOOTIG OF TO WORK IN THE FOUR WHEELED CAGE. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PICK SOME RELAYS UP ON THE WAY HOME AND WHAT THEIR MODEL NUMBERS ARE. I'M ASSUMING THAT THE UPGRADE IS BOSCH?

RAY

• 4 months later...

I just had the same problem tonight. I tried the relay wiggle/swap but still no starter. Then I remembered someone posting about having to turn the bars before being able to start...so I tried this and was able to activate the starter.

Turned out to be the clutch micro-switch and or associated wiring so I removed the offending switch completely and inserted a short bullet connected link between the connectors on the left side the spine (need to remove the tank to get at these).

Wheras the side-stand micro-switch is arguably usefull, I see no usefull function for the one on the clutch lever...as long as you pull the clutch lever in before starting...

Gio