Michelin Pilot Road 2.....longevity?

Fred C. Dobbs

I've got a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires on my Ballabio. They have a dual rubber compound. Great tires, love 'em. Does anyone know how long a life I might expect out of them? I have 2,000 miles on them at the moment, and the rear has not begun to square off in the least. I am planning a long trip at the end of the summer and hope to not have to change tires enroute. Thanks,

I've got a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires on my Ballabio. They have a dual rubber compound. Great tires, love 'em. Does anyone know how long a life I might expect out of them? I have 2,000 miles on them at the moment, and the rear has not begun to square off in the least. I am planning a long trip at the end of the summer and hope to not have to change tires enroute. Thanks,

Depends.

A PR2 ridden by a fat man across Nevada in July will wear MUCH faster than one ridden by your gram in Antwerp in March.

Add to that the variables that air pressure, road surface, and riding style bring to the table make it nearly impossible to share accurate tire wear information. Alot of riders are getting 7500 miles on PR2's. Also know of a couple of folks who got over 14k on set. YMMV!!! And in a big way.

Sorry to be dramatic, but I've been that fat man riding across the desert! I burned out a brand new rear PR on a 3000 mile weekend ride in Utah and Nevada last summer. I'd normally get more than double that in mixed riding. So, you might consider that in your trip plans.

I got over 10k miles on PRs (not 2's) @ just shy of 200lbs. Bought another set. k

A lot of variables here but although I haven't had a mich pilot on my guzzi the mich sport pilot on the front of my ducati has outlasted 2 bridgestones and 1 pirelli on the rear all with hard sport or high speed touring riding. look at tyre often as i had a rear bridgestone 020 go from looks ok to canvas showing shagged in 800 Ks on the rear of the suzuki sv650 I had