tps adjustment

Guest BIGGERJIM

Guest BIGGERJIM

HEY YALL

i know this topic has been beat to death, but i have a question.

after you do the tb balance and tps setting is it possible to readjust the tps

for some fine tuning,do you have to readjust everything again.

i've got the bike idling where i want it and really runs smooth

but i have adjusted out the grunt it had, it just don't pull like it did.

take it easy on me i'm a spoiled honda man. :rolleyes: lol lol

thanks

biggerjim

What I would do is put the probe leads on it and see what it reads at wide open throttle. it Should be al least 80% of the reference voltage which is 5 volts.anyway it is easy to tweak when you use the wide open position rather than the fully closed because the fully closed position with the stop screw backed out is not a positive stop and you cannot get repatability on your tweaks like you can if you use the wide open stop.Its a more precicse way to adjust if you are adjusting for driveability issues and already have the base setting. and .001 volt makes a noticable difference, at least with my tuneup. Tweak it and see what it does, most of the time I don't have to alter the other settings, except maybe idle speed, Luck, John

Yes you can. Just attach your meter to the TPS wires, turn on the key and get your idle baseline reading (twist the throttle a couple times to make sure it's repeating accurately), then loosen the TPS screws and adjust it up or down. I leaned mine out a bit by moving it down 10mV at idle, and I feel and hear a difference. I think it pulls a little harder now, but it's also pinging a bit at certain rpm in high gears. I'm going to move it up 5mV when I get around to it and see how it responds.

Yes,..you can do it...but no more than +-15mv...more than that...only problems are.

But keep in mind that adjusting tps moving whole potentiometer, lowers or rises idle

affects timing map, fuel map, and since you don't want to start frm the beginning..

1/try two positions ..+5mv.. -5mv to get the feel what bike likes more ...plus or minus

2/confirm by driving it..that works ok...and u feel better..

3/add or subtract another +5mv or - 5mv to the desired direction

4/Do...it from the beginning :grin:

See how much fun u can have with a Guzzi??? :mg:

PS Honda...what is a ...Honda????