Norge getting 1400 powerplant Fact or Fiction?

Desdinova

Sorry if this has already been discussed. I did a search, didn't find anything.. but if it has... consider me spanked and point me in the right direction.

I have seen some rumors and eludes on assorted web pages that Guzzi is thinking 1400 for the Norge in 2009?

Does anyone have any deeper info. I'm seriously considering selling a couple of my bikes to get the Norge, but if there is some truth to the 1400 engine going into it, I would wait on that.

Thoughts? Speculation? Proverbs? Celestial Inspirations?

Miles

Quoted from wildguzzi 16 July 2008:

in MCN(england) today, guzzi will launch new cruiser model(s )this fall with a 1400 cc 8 valve engine which will also be fitted into an updated norge. The launch will coinside with the american relaunch of aprilla and their dealer network(combined?).Vague i know but thats all it says.

John Hooper

• 3 months later...
Quoted from wildguzzi 16 July 2008:

in MCN(england) today, guzzi will launch new cruiser model(s )this fall with a 1400 cc 8 valve engine which will also be fitted into an updated norge. The launch will coinside with the american relaunch of aprilla and their dealer network(combined?).Vague i know but thats all it says.

John Hooper

ah man I still have my deposit down for a MGS Corsa slated for 2004 :lol:

I'm told that the spigot thickness of the Nuovo 1200 is quite large enough to enable the factory to hog it out by 3 or 4 mm easily. You do the maths, I really can't be bothered.

I've been riding Guzzis for 30 friggin years and their 'Grin' factor has NEVER, EVER been dependent on cubic capacity or power output.

I have no doubt that the pinheads in Piagio Central w2ill do all the wrong things to make the machines 'Competitive' including making them far to big so they vibrate and don't work as well as a smaller version but this is what the great unwashed seem to want.

Perhaps with the change of politicla mindset in the USA this will change as well. Perhaps Piagio will realize what a goldmine they have aquired. Perhaps also they will be glad to see an old 'Adversary' bite the dust while clucking about how sad it is.

Welcome to the modern world where nobody gives a shit about history but the maximisation of profit, (Usually at the expense of the workers. Guzzi workers are now striking and all power to 'em!) is king. In a few years time you'll all be riding the two wheeled equivalent of Toyota Corollas. Have you ridden one of the new Aprilias? A Shiver or a Mana? Great bikes but blant to the point of boring. I own a Mana and its a great tool, but it is scarcely exciting or challenging. Heaven forbid we should have things like that though! They might be DANGEROUS.

Aww. Bollocks!!! I'm just in a bad mood, ignore me.....

Pete

I am going to pipe in here and agree with Pete. I just understand the reasoning that you must always have the bigger and bigger engine. Especially amoung US riders. It seems to me that a smaller smoother motor can be much more practical in the real world. Heck, at this rate people will be demanding 5.0 liter bikes in a few years...Just my opinion