how many v11?

pille

Well what a strange :wacko: world we live in, especially the world of Italian bike manufacturers, Harley :( now own M.V.Augusta............My poor brother just about had a fit when he found out (he's the owner of a M.V. 910 Brutale....Stars Wars type rocket ship)

The only thing I really know about the numbers of V 11's produced is that there were :sun: 170 Tenni's :wub: made, of which we have about 1/3 here on this site.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Very interesting news about Agusta and MV Agusta, thanks very much for allowing me to learn the truth.

Regarding HD's take over of MV, I understood it was a full takeover, including payout of all debt, and monies to Castiglioni.

My wish is that HD will, with it's influence, allow MV's to be made available in Canada!!! And my nightmare is that you will soon see MV and Buell on the same showroom floor, my God!

Steve

My wish is that HD will, with it's influence, allow MV's to be made available in Canada!!! And my nightmare is that you will soon see MV and Buell on the same showroom floor, my God!

Steve

And this would be a bad thing in what way? Any reason to get more real riders into a Harley dealership is a good one as far as I can tell. Let the hamsters rub shoulders w/ someone who doesn't care about the brand name & just wants a good ride and it can only be good for H-D: the only reason they haven't made more moves in advancing their engine designs is because "the faithful" won't let them! Look at how dismal the sales of the VRod have been, and that's been around almost a decade now! At least the execs at the Motor Company haven't given up and are still trying to drag their clientele, no matter how much they kick & scream, into the 20th century... [no, that wasn't a typo! I said 20th! ;)]

Oddly enough, when I wrote H-D several years back and suggested they buy Moto Guzzi because they'd be a perfect fit for each other, I didn't see this coming when Piaggio white-knighted Aprillia. Not in my wildest dreams! :lol:

Hah! Funny, I was just in a Harley dealer yesterday to replace a signal lens ($4 US from Buell [made in Italy])

I oggled over the Ulysses. And the stripped 1200 Sportster "5". Whats'at?: "5?" Like 'five' what?

It felt good bonking my quick shifting, high revving V-twin leaving there.

No one talked to me , but the 'parts clerk' (after a *while*), who called me 'sir' {ya must'a got me confused wit som'n else**) and enjoyed the cleavage of the receptionist babes and the coffeeeeee in the "customer's lounge."

I'm not sure (having spent $10 bucks on 'parts'), that I even qualify as a 'customer'.