Chirp Noise when shifting Normal?

JackBoots

I recently took my bike out for a test ride with a half helmet and unfortunately noticed that there is a quick little chirp noise when I shift gears.

It's probably been there and I just noticed it because of the open helmet. Now I'm focused on it.

Could it be the clutch?? I also notice a similar noise sometimes when I go over bumps. Until I noticed it shifting, I always thought it was just a suspension noise. It may not be the same noise. It's hard to tell.

Any ideas?? If I let the clutch out slightly slower I don't hear it.

In a couple of weeks I'm going on a weekend run wih some HD riders. I really don't want to be the guy on the Guzzi that breaks down.

Thanks!

Don't use the clutch ( I assume you know how) when you shift gears to see if you get the same noise. I have ridden my bike w/out ear plugs or helmet and the drivetrain makes more noise than the family H Farmall tractor. UGH! I thought about pushing it home. I guess I'll run it till this winter and dismantle it when I paint the engine block krinkle-black instead of the cooked roofing tar finish .

.... paint the engine block krinkle-black instead of the cooked roofing tar finish .

That's about the best description I've heard of our lovely factory engine finish.