Suspension Update......

raceboy

I also heard that a European Guzzi dealer bought up all the remaining Ohlins shocks and parts for the V11 about 3 or 4 yrs ago. Don't know what dealer it was. If anyone knows, please post on here.

That was HMB Guzzi. I was gonna suggest them but they have stopped listing the Öhlins forks on that web page (from main page choose Teile, then Angebote). But maybe they still have them, they don't list everything. They do list V11 Marzocchi forks for €399.

Here is a link for a little known Penske shock option offered by Traxxion Dynamics... It forgoes the remote reservoir for a substantial cost savings. I have one on my Superhawk... it works great. I haven't felt the need to add a reservoir (and I have had it three years). But I don't do track days either. :) I haven't checked to confirm a MG application.

This is what Traxxion sez...

This shock is the complete body assembly of an 8900 Series Penske Race Shock, but without the reservoir. It is spring preload, ride height, and rebound damping adjustable. At any time, the buyer can easily add either his/her choice of 8100 or 8700 reservoir should they decide to go racing or just want more performance. This shock comes equipped with the correct spring for your weight.

Here is the URL for the $599.95 Sport shock...

http://www.traxxion.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=SPORT

Here is a link for a little known Penske shock option offered by Traxxion Dynamics... It forgoes the remote reservoir for a substantial cost savings. I have one on my Superhawk... it works great. I haven't felt the need to add a reservoir (and I have had it three years). But I don't do track days either. :) I haven't checked to confirm a MG application.

This is what Traxxion sez...

This shock is the complete body assembly of an 8900 Series Penske Race Shock, but without the reservoir. It is spring preload, ride height, and rebound damping adjustable. At any time, the buyer can easily add either his/her choice of 8100 or 8700 reservoir should they decide to go racing or just want more performance. This shock comes equipped with the correct spring for your weight.

Here is the URL for the $599.95 Sport shock...

http://www.traxxion.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=SPORT

Now that is a smokin' deal. If I didn't already have a Penske with remote, I'd go for that one. I would venture to guess that 99.9 percent of street riders are not going to require the extra capacity of the reservoir. Good find!