clutch replacement on 2000 v11 sport

Guest david s.

Guest david s.

greetings and please bear with me, i just got my v11 sport back after having a complete clutch replacement including both intermediate and pressure plates being replaced. my bike has 16,000 miles on it, and this is the first clutch i've had to replace in any vehicle i've owned. ( i've been driving for 35 years) it seems the rivets stopped riveting. at this point i don't know what i'm going to ultimately do with the bike. a month before this i replaced the rear wheel bearings. neither and i mean neither should have given out at 15,000 miles. yes i realize it's not a honda, but let's get real here why should any consumer of an 11,000 dollar motorcycle have to deal with the litany of problems we ( most of us) have faced. by the way i've previously delt with every one of the early edition teething issues. i love the bike, i love the way it sounds and feels, i love the way it looks. BUT, if this bike were a woman i would have divorced her a long time ago........AND BY THE WAY I DON'T WANT A HONDA, i want corporate accountability in the area of quality contol from moto guzzi. thankyou for listening you have always been there and this and the other mg forums have kept me going. i feel better now