Gear oil volume

ALdad

The level plug is pretty sensitive to bike not being in level so I always fill by amount. My Sporti needs 250 ml total, apparently your V11 needs 370 ml (of which 20 ml moly unless you use 370 ml of RLSPH instead).

I don't quite understand that bit about under-filling by using the overflow hole.... At that level the ring gear appears to be immersed. If that's true, it will fling oil over everything that needs oil in the housing. If that action displaces enough oil to uncover the ring gear, it will be because the oil is everywhere else in there.

Please advise................

When I fill my rear drive, I fill till it comes out the overflow hole. This seems to be about 350ml. I have some splatter on my rim. Is this gear oil? can I use less? Cheer!

I have filled my V11 per drain plug method (on level ground) and found that approx 350 ml was drained at next service (make sure you do this after a run so the oil is warm).

The splatter may be grease from UJ's (if you lubed these at the same time) ..?

Gio

The splatter may be grease from UJ's (if you lubed these at the same time) ..?

Gio

I did grease at the same time, probably the splatter. 350ml is what I measured comming out and thats what I put back in. So I guess I'm OK ? Thanx!