Carb ballance on Ballabio

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

I have less than 6K on my Ballabio - I started it today and it really sounded 'rough' - very noisy and 'clonky' - my 850T runs quieter than this - oil level is fine, starts fine but does not seem to be running smoothly - my first thought is that the carbs are out of sync? If so, is this something I can check and adjust myself? Any other reason it might be running a bit noisy?

Thanks,

lee

Carbs (throttle bodies) don't make noise. You might have a throttle body that has popped out of it's mounting. Look to see if they are both mounted the same depth in their mount. Read up on throttle synchronization BEFORE adjusting things.

p.s. If it happened all at once, something happened all a once.

I keep loosing the torx bolts on the back end of the mufflers (2 so far) but I noticed they make a lot of noise if not tight. I thought my bike was loud too but right when I started it up before it got too hot I pushed in on the end of the can and the whole thing got quieter... maybe you should check around for a noisy vibration or something.

If the bike was running fine before and all of a sudden started running poorly,it may be the throttle body boots.It happened to me,running great out on a ride and all of a sudden,spitting,bucking and backfiring,idle all over the place.Boot had slipped off and had some cracks.They're known to be a common failure.Not hard to replace and and believe it was about $30 from MPH.

Michael