wildguzzi---crashed

Guest frankdugo

I like WG because everything is on one page and you don't have to sort through catagories to read the posts. hope they can resurface soon.

[/q :bbblll: uote]

Use the "View New Posts" option at the top right after you log in and rejoice!

V11LM, besides having a superior class of clientele ;) just functions so much better than the WildGuzzi site that it is not fair to V11LM to compare the two! Guzzitech's foray into user-interface hell has made it a once-every-other-week-or-so visit for me. Looks nice & glitzy tho! :bbblll: Too bad, because some of the content there rivals the quality of stuff we get over here. V11LM is just the best, hands down...

:thumbsup:

Hi Skeeve,

Again this is a great site and has assisted me and my new to me V11. Just not enough folks that own this any longer. This is a great day with 10 members on as I write this post. I miss WG because many things are generic to the brand and it's a lot easier with 225 logged in over there.

Bob

Guzzitech's foray into user-interface hell has made it a once-every-other-week-or-so visit for me.

I agree completely. I actually never went back after seeing the horrible interface after the last crash. It's a pity cause I really enjoyed the site before that.

I agree completely. I actually never went back after seeing the horrible interface after the last crash. It's a pity cause I really enjoyed the site before that.

Yes, I concur. I go back mainly because of my interest in the news about the new quattrovalvole ["QV"] models, which they maintain a particularly close watch upon. I'm still confused about what set Todd off to the extent that he said he wouldn't come back here, altho' he has posted the occasional notice about something hosted on Guzzitech for those who are curious.

While I can respect the greater volume of traffic both of those other boards may enjoy, the signal to noise ratio is more to my liking here.

I don't want to seem like I'm running down either WildGuzzi or Guzzitech in my efforts to explain why I like V11LeMans so much. Let's just end this w/ "Jaap ROCKS!" and leave it at that. :)

While I can respect the greater volume of traffic both of those other boards may enjoy, the signal to noise ratio is more to my liking here.

S/N ratio; well put Skeeve. For some reason as quantity rises so does the percentage of bull shit posts. It's seems to be universal.

For some reason as quantity rises so does the percentage of bull shit posts. It's seems to be universal.

Although I do not disagree with your statement. Doesn't anyone feel doomed here? There was a thread a few months back discussing if the site should be expanded. As I recall, most folks wanted the the V11 site to remain just that. Eventually though, as more of our bikes disappear, so will this board. Perhaps that is the ultimate plan, I am not sure? However, my point is....I like this site and have learned a lot from it, but unless it morphs into something else to attract other posters, it will be gone.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob

Although I do not disagree with your statement. Doesn't anyone feel doomed here? There was a thread a few months back discussing if the site should be expanded. As I recall, most folks wanted the the V11 site to remain just that. Eventually though, as more of our bikes disappear, so will this board. Perhaps that is the ultimate plan, I am not sure? However, my point is....I like this site and have learned a lot from it, but unless it morphs into something else to attract other posters, it will be gone.

Just my 2 cents.

Bob

Bob - Bob - Bob!

these bikes are friggin Moto Guzzis, after all!

The disappearance may occur some time in the future, but based on how many loop frames we still see that are regular riders in teh US, I imagine the V11 will be around for quite a while!

:mg:

Bob - Bob - Bob!

these bikes are friggin Moto Guzzis, after all!

The disappearance may occur some time in the future, but based on how many loop frames we still see that are regular riders in teh US, I imagine the V11 will be around for quite a while!

:mg:

:2c:

This forum MAY disappear, but if it does it won't be my doing! I like it here and I've met a lot of nice people through it.

As long as it has a function in the Guzzi community, it will stay online.

And there are active forums and discussion groups on lots of "derelict" classical bikes; why not for the V11?

Not broadening the target group, i.e. including the newer models is imo logical. They're rather different from the V11 series. And I think a type based forum like mine should be run by someone who is affectionate about these bikes and preferably owns one.

So don't worry. Just keep posting and asking questions. We can go on for a long time. And I still see a lot of former V11 owners visit this site on a regular basis and help out new owners. Nice thought.