fuel line couplings

johno235

Hi all,

Need a little bit of advice and hope this doesn`t sound like a dumb question by need to remove/clean or replace air filter and have found on this site removal instructions which are fairly straight forward but I have one question and that is removal of fuel line(s). Are the fuel line couplings a straight twist to get them off or do they need to be pushed in and then twisted. Dont want to damage coupling through ignorance or heavy handedness. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Johno

From what I remember, if your bike is like mine, you actually don't twist them. You push out with your thumb the part that's hooked to the tank while holding steady the (gray ?) sleeve with index and middle fingers, and with your other hand pull out the hose. Watch for gas being spilled. Here's what I found:

Fuel Couplings

To insert back you just push in the hose. Hope it helps.

Hi tmcafe and savagehenry,

Thanks for your replys the push push pull method worked a treat, thank goodness I asked for advice as I am sure I would have given those couplings a severe headache had I not done so.

What a great site for a newbie Guzzi owner a wealth of information on tap. Magic

Thanks again

Ride safe

Johno

Good to know it worked for you (I guess savegehenry got it exactly). I'm also new to Guzzi--btw, just realized my bike turned one year old today :mg:). Here you'll be able to find pretty much everything you need about this bike. Welcome to V11.

• 3 weeks later...