winter storagerage

Guest Petev11

Guest Petev11

hey guy's.i live in alberta canada and just put my bike away for the winter only because i have so little time to ride the rest of the year, and our forecast was calling for snow this weekend. does anybody have storage tips for my 03 v11 lemans keep in mind i put stabilizer in the tank and let it idle for a while so hopefuly that gets the fuel system ready for the winter and i also hooked up a battery tender and plan on keeping it on till next riding season. i have no heat in my garage as well as no way to keep the bike off the side stand so i will have to move it around the garage so the tires don't get flat spots.ANY TIPS FOR WINTER STORAGE OR SPRING PRE RIDE CHECK LIST WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED.due to the fact that i'm a new to the guzzi world. can someone tell me if my choice of an o3 lemans as my first guzzi.was a good or bad choice and how dependable are they. personaly i luv the way the bike sounds and handles.and the style looks like it was wripped from a vintage raceing magizine. and when i stop to fill up a crowd always gathers and asks questions. unfortunatly i don't know enough guzzi history and can't answer them. so if any body can tell me where i could find the history of the lemans that would be nice.

thanks!!!

"Sta-bil" is a fuel stabilizer for the fuel tank. Put some in,crank and run the engine and let it mix with the fuel for a few minutes. Fill the tank up with fuel after finishing. Do NOT start and run the bike til you are ready to ride next year. A factory stand is the thing to buy to keep the bike on. You can go to a hardware store and buy a small studded swivel wheel like goes on a creeper to put on the lever part of the stand. To find out where to drill the hole, just rub the lever on the ground (concrete) to se the scuff mark. drill and mount the wheel and you can move the bike easily. This takes care of flat spots on the tire and mobility problems.

Change your oil before you put it away for the winter. Any condensation that may form in the crankcase over the winter will evaporate when you start riding again in the spring. What I've read is crud can settle out of dirty oil over time and form sludge deposits in your motor, and there are acids in old oil that are a byproduct of the combustion process that can damage bearings. (This is what I've read on the 'net so I don't know if it's completely accurate, but it makes sense to me)

I put stabilizer in the gas, ride for a while, then shut off the petcock and run the bike until it stalls. After that I drain the fuel tank and run the gas in my snowblower. There will still be some gas in the fuel pump and filter. If you really want to get rid of that turn the key on with the fuel pressure regulator line disconnected and pointing into a container. Old gas sucks and stabilizer doesn't seem to work so well with the newer fuel formulations we get here in the northeast USA. IMO there's no need to keep any gas in your tank through the winter.