Neutral light and shutting off

stucatz

I cannot seem to have the neutral light, when in neutral of course, come on.

And when in neutral, if the kickstand is down, the engine shuts down.

So starting the bike I must be sitting on it, with the kickstand up, no neutral light.

Is it just the sensor switch?

Bike is a 2000 V11 Sport

Thanks

Disconnect the wire at the neutral switch, turn the key on, ground the wire to a good ground and look to see if the light is "on". It should be. If so, remove the switch, and clean it with electrical contact cleaner. DO remember to plug the hole where the switch was or you will have gearbox oil running out .

Disconnect the wire at the neutral switch, turn the key on, ground the wire to a good ground and look to see if the light is "on". It should be. If so, remove the switch, and clean it with electrical contact cleaner. DO remember to plug the hole where the switch was or you will have gearbox oil running out .

Thanks gs, will tackle this week-end

• 3 weeks later...

Well I finally got around to this minor yet annoyance on the bike and thanks to gstallions for the info which is exactly what it was. However, due to my persistance at the local gym, I managed to "snap" the bolt clean off,F#!k!

For those of you that don't know, it is a hollow bolt with a plunger.

So drained the entire gearbox and have sent an email to MG Cycle to see if they have the part.

I guess in the meantime I can run it with a suitable bolt in place.

Thanks again gs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one afflicted by over-torquing. :o Seems to happen to me all the time.

Many have reported that Redline in the gearbox helps keep the neutral switch free.