Test Rode A V7

Orson

I Googled Tellico, it looks like a nice place to hang around a week or so.

HANG AROUND?

DSC01494.jpg

We got the Cherokee national Forest!

DSC01336.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01289.jpg

The Cherohala Skyway!

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

Awesome back roads!

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

The Dragon's around the corner!

DSC01489.jpg

W3100103.jpg

a3101482.jpg

W3100102.jpg

a3101480.jpg

yeah, well, we got better radio stations! lol,

btw

LOVE the hp2, wish it wasn't so DAMN expensive I'd buy that with slightly more road oriented tires in a heartbeat, great bike. lil pricey. although if I lived where you do I'd leave it and enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...

73bonnie750.jpg

This was my first "big" bike a '73 Triumph 750 Bonneville. I bought this bike brand new while stationed in Rota Spain in the Marines. I remember seeing the V7 cruising the small narrow streets in Rota. Unlike the OP the new V7 appeals to me as an around town cruiser and the LeMans as an open road machine. I really like the new green V7 and would like to have one to ride with my wife in Rota when we visit over there.

Moto%20Guzzi%20V-7%20Sport%20advert33.jpg

Moto%20Guzzi%20V7%20Cafe.jpg

Unlike the OP the new V7 appeals to me as an around town cruiser and the LeMans as an open road machine.

Well, I didn't stay in town long, so my opinion could change ^_^

I do know that it was immense fun to ride in the twisties :D

• 4 weeks later...

time to add my :2c: as I have a V7 classic on loan today as the Scura is in for some tuning. Unfortunately its pissing down here most of the time and I got to work anyway so it'll mainly see motorway and town use.

Coming off a V11 it does feel a bit toy-like, but it is very easy to ride with a very un-guzzi like smooth gear change. I'm not a fan of the upright riding position (they would let me have the cafe racer :( )

but the handling is very good. on twisty country roads it'll sure come into its own but it isnt an autobahnburner obviously.

The only serious gripe I have is the exhaust note: it sounds like a 300 cc two-stroke, very tinny. I've had a 750 Targa in 1991 and that sounded much better.

soooo to sum it up: nice bike but could do with a bit more poke and different cans. I could imagine that the 850 griso engine would give just that bit of extra beef without adding too much weight.

But I know why I chose a V11....